Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Maria Deluca/Majandra Delfino Appreciation Thread #1

all

This is the place where you can talk about Maria Deluca who was played by Majandra Delfino. Feel free to discuss and post pics, news, arts, music videos, etc. But we do have a few rules:

Rules of the thread:
1. This is an appreciation thread, so if you do not like the character or actor, then this is not the place for you.
2. No bashing!!!
3. Have fun!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 05-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Absolute Fan

wohooow great idea! Ahh I loved Maria, her saractisk remarks are the best
Old 05-06-2006, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Indeed Maria De Luca.. I don't think there's an easy way to describe her. Sassy, cute, loyal. She's great!
Old 05-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Here is a describetion of Maria from Crashdown

Maria DeLuca is one of the most delightful characters on Roswell, for a variety of reasons. Maria brings some much-needed comic relief to the show, as her sarcastic humor and high-strung tendencies lighten up the often-somber mood of the show. Maria is a wonderfully loyal friend to Liz, and their friendship on the show is very touching and very true to life. Maria's mother Amy DeLuca (Diane Farr) is a hippie New Age person who had Maria when she was young, and Maria's father left them when Maria was a child. Liz is like a sister to her. Maria is very nervous and her excitable nature has only been increased by the revelation that three of her schoolmates are aliens. Maria also is kind and compassionate, as she demonstrated when she chose not to tell Sheriff Valenti the truth about Max, Michael, and Isabel or later when she helped the Skin girl Courtney when she was sick, even though she saw Courtney as a rival for Michael's affection.

A whole new dimension was added to Maria’s character, when she reluctantly fell in love with Michael Guerin, the other male alien on the show. Their road trip in "285 South" was a highlight of the first season. Michael and Maria’s constant bickering masks deep feelings for one another which they have acted on several times, most notably in the wordless but intensely passionate kissing scene at the opening of "Heat Wave." Their uncertain relationship creates both happiness and anguish for their characters. Both Maria and Michael seem afraid to admit the feelings they have for one another, and their tortured but passionate romance is intriguing. Michael loves Maria, but he would prefer things just to be on a physical and spiritual plane, without the conversations or conditions or conventions of a formal relationship. Maria loves Michael but wants him to act like a 'real boyfriend' and treat her nicer - like Max treats Liz - but these are skills that Michael is sorely lacking and he cannot be anybody but himself. Still, despite their ups and downs, Michael and Maria grow very close, playing 'detective' together investigating FBI enemies and helping their human and alien friends, and their bond grows very strong.

However, when Michael learns about his origins and his destiny and uses his powers to kill Agent Pierce, he becomes very frightened and pushes Maria away 'for her own good' - because he "loves her too much" and is afraid of hurting her. He also feels his duty to Max and to his alien people must come first.

In the second season, we find Maria and Max have become better friends over the summer, as Max pines for Liz and Maria misses her former closeness with Michael. But Maria is not one to give up that easily and she sticks with Michael waiting for him to weaken. However, Michael is strong in refusing to let her get close again - although he might have weakened a little over Christmas, on their trip to help Laurie Dupree in "Disturbing Behavior" and on a group road trip in "Viva Las Vegas" where he arranges for her to live out her dream of singing for an audience.

Maria also was flattered by the attentions of new UFO Center owner, Brody Davis (Desmond Askew). The eccentric British UFO abductee really likes her and treats her well -- and compared to Michael, his eccentricities are not so bad. She finds out that Brody has a young daughter who doesn't live with him and, despite their age difference, Maria feels very close to Brody.

Maria grows much stronger and calmer this season - she has just seen so much this year that nothing seems to bother her or surprise her any more. She can still be passionate about things, but is no longer so flighty or hysterical. Her mother has a budding romance with Sheriff Valenti. Her cousin Sean DeLuca (Devon Gummersall) shows up in town (after getting out of jail) and comes to stay with the DeLucas for awhile. Maria doesn't trust him and lays down the law with him, telling him to stay away from Liz and trying to keep Sean on the up and up. A fortuneteller does not predict long-term happiness for Maria and Michael - but even though she is interested in Brody, Maria continues to wait for Michael, tries to push Max and Liz back together, and acts as the spirited 'glue' who holds everyone in Roswell together.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:58 AM
Elite Fan

Can we talk about Majandra Delfino's career ? Or other news ? Because MD shot two pilots, one being "Ultra", for CBS. If we are lucky, it might be picked up as a show. Although I have doubts, since the show is not really CBS style.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:15 AM
Absolute Fan

It would be so great to Majandra again, but sadly I to doubt that her show will be picked up.
We should start a name collection where everyone who wanted her show to get picked up could sign their name and send it to CBS.
Old 05-06-2006, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

I am not sure that this kind of thing really works. Aren't networks used to get emails ? I am not sure Roswell would have been saved, had the campaign been only based on sending mails. The fact that the fans had sent thousands and thousands of cards, letters and tabasco sauce caught their attention more than emails.

Even if the show isn't picked up, we will still see the pilot, it's better than nothing. There is already a website for Ultra.

Old 05-06-2006, 04:24 AM
Absolute Fan

there is? where? oh do you mean the MAD one?
Old 05-06-2006, 04:35 AM
Elite Fan

No, I don't mean the MAD one, the site dedicated to Ultra. Although those sites might be linked, I don't know. It's still under construction, but you can see the basis of the show. Here is the link :

http://www.mad-online.org/ultra/

Old 05-06-2006, 04:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Come on guys, cheer up. Lets not act like the show is completely dead before we know if it's been picked or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmag
If we are lucky, it might be picked up as a show. Although I have doubts, since the show is not really CBS style.
Isn't CBS trying to break out of it's style though to try and attract a younger audience? That's what I read in an article somewhere, and I hope it's true because if it is "Ultra" may stand a better chance at getting picked up.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

all

I know that CBS is I think announcing their fall lineup on May 15th here in NY so let's keep our fingers crossed. It would awesome to see her on TV again
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 05-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Absolute Fan

really? wow that is soon! well let's keep our fingers crossed
Old 05-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I really hope Ultra gets picked up, it'd be awesome to be able to watch Majandra on TV every week.

Does anyone have any new info on the Tarte CD?
'From day one, from the moment I kidnapped you and stole your car.....I knew you were the girl for me. I never wanted anyone else.....I still don't. Just... Wherever I'm goin', whatever I'm doin', just know I'll always love you.'
~ Michael Guerin to Maria Deluca in 'Graduation'
♥ Michael & Maria - because she was the only one he wanted to be with ♥
Old 05-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Passionate Fan

Nope, it's supposed to be coming out over the next few months though. At least that's what the guy at the record place said.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

It's great to see our Roswellians so busy. Roswell was good for the actors. It gave them tons of experience and the fact that it was a little show didn't mark them too much. It's so hard for actors from famous shows to make forget their previous characters.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread