Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Cotton Candy

Gold Diggers (1995) #1: Some friendships are worth a fortune.

******************************************************************************************

This thread is for appreciating Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain (1995).

******************************************************************************************

A teen from Los Angeles, and her recently widowed mother (Polly Draper) move back to the family's Pacific Northwest home in 1980 to try to reassemble their lives. Young Beth (Christina Ricci) at first hates country living, but then she meets the outspoken, defiant Jody (Anna Chlumsky) and the two become fast friends. Jody has quite a reputation and has had to deal with the shame of having an alcoholic mother (Diana Scarwid). Beth and Jody both adore Winnie the Pooh, and share an adventurous spirit. This spirit gets them into trouble when they decide to go explore the mysterious caves beneath Bear Mountain. Legend has it that in one of those caves, a very lucrative, 100-year-old lost gold mine can be found. This adventure chronicles Beth and Jody's experiences beneath the great mountain.

Post away!

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 09-21-2006 at 04:39 PM
Old 05-09-2006, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

I kind of remember this movie. Had Anna Chlumsky (sp?) and Christina Ricci didn't it?

Haven't seen it in ages.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by p&j =true luv
Had Anna Chlumsky (sp?) and Christina Ricci didn't it?

Quote:
Haven't seen it in ages.
I hadn't either, until I found a copy of it at the library and completely in love with it.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Whats this movie about? I dont think I have heard of it before.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Cotton Candy

Here's the IMDb summary:

Quote:
Moving from the big city (LA) to a backwater town is always difficult, but especially for the one doing the moving. After her dad's death, Beth Easton and her mother, Kate, move to the house left to the family by a deceased aunt. Kate meets up with several old friends, but Beth has none. Slowly, however, she makes friends, despite the lack of a nearby mall or anything else to do. Soon she meets up with two boys fighting ... except one isn't a boy, but a girl. The girl, Jody, is shunned by her peers as a "bad kid." As the film progresses, we see Jody as the apparent victim of a bad relationship between her own widowed mother and Ray, a man who, like everybody else, grew up in the town. Somehow, Beth sees that Jody isn't all that bad; "she just needs a friend." Beth sticks by her, even when Jody is blamed for almost killing Beth. Jody has a dream, though, a dream of finding lost gold in Bear Mountain, left there by a legendary woman named Molly Morgan. Jody has a map, and she has a "condo" in the mountain near the entrance to a series of caves & tunnels leading to the supposed gold. On the first day of summer, Jody and Beth find the cave where the gold supposedly is hidden. The movie continues digging deeper into Jody's life through Beth's eyes. Although the legend of Bear Mountain is the prime motivator of several incidents, it's Jody's relationship to Ray, her mother, Beth, and the rest of the townspeople that provides the focus of the movie.

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 05-09-2006 at 02:46 PM
Old 05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Elite Fan

I used to love this movie when I was younger! I've most likely seen it like 10 times, I rented it not too long ago, I still think it's good, really cute.
Ria
Pickle-weasel! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Cotton Candy

It's one of my all-time favorite movies, hehe.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Huh this movie sounds pretty good, I might rent it sometime plus I love Christina Ricci.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Cotton Candy

Definitely rent it! It might be a little hard to find though, since it's only available on VHS. You might be better off trying the library.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childhood Magic
Definitely rent it! It might be a little hard to find though, since it's only available on VHS. You might be better off trying the library.
I found it at the Hollywood Video by my house..at least they used to have it, not sure about like Blockbuster though.
Ria
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Cotton Candy

Oh, you're lucky you live near a Hollywood. They have a lot of old movies. I doubt Blockbuster would have it. They're only good for new releases.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childhood Magic
Oh, you're lucky you live near a Hollywood. They have a lot of old movies. I doubt Blockbuster would have it. They're only good for new releases.
Yeah...my sister works at Hollywood video so we get to rent movies for free, I haven't paid to rent a movie in years, that's the last time I saw Gold Diggers, my mom is like look what I found at Hollywood Video? She knew I used to like it, so she rented it for me.
Ria
Old 05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel!
my sister works at Hollywood video so we get to rent movies for free
Wow, that's awesome!

Quote:
that's the last time I saw Gold Diggers, my mom is like look what I found at Hollywood Video? She knew I used to like it, so she rented it for me.
Aww.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Cotton Candy

Do you guys, by any chance, know where I can find screencaps?

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 05-11-2006 at 12:12 PM
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Cotton Candy

My very first Gold Diggers art:

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 05-18-2006 at 04:57 PM
Reply   Post New Thread