Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2006, 08:55 AM
New Fan

Poseidon (2006) #1

I know it just came out yesterday (for the US) lol, but has anyone else seen it? Totally amazinggg
Klink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm might go to see it tommorrow & I just cannot wait, it looks so amazing. I saw the original just the other day actually and it wasn't that bad, but I'm sure this one is gonna be way better
Old 05-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Absolute Fan

i'm going to see it this afternoon. it looks really good, there's nothing like watching action movies in a movie theater. it just isn't the same on dvd.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

wasn't as bad as thought it would be. lots of nerve racking rescue scenes and the acting wasn't bad
Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

I'm sticking with the original, thanks. So tired of remakes.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Hmm..... i'm on the fence whether to see this movie. So far all the reviews have been so-so. No-one has come forward and said it's a GREAT movie and totally worth watching.
Dalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually just saw the movie last night. I haven't seen the original so I don't really have anything to compare it too.

The main reason why I went to see it was because of Emmy Rossum. I loved her in Phantom and the Day after tomorrow. She was amazing in this movie though. Most of the acting was fairly well done. Alot of nail bitting scenes like another poster said before me.

The overall premise of the movie- nothing really original. I think Posiedon tried to recreate the sucess of Titanic, at least that's the vibe I got. It was entertaining though, kinda sad in most moments as most of these movies tend to be. But there was this air of "Made for TV movie" about it.

For the graphics and effects- go see it in theatre. However you would still get the same effect from the story line if you rent it.
Team Britney
Intrceptr350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Candyman-
Hmm..... i'm on the fence whether to see this movie. So far all the reviews have been so-so. No-one has come forward and said it's a GREAT movie and totally worth watching.
It's amazing lol, you should definitly see it. Kurt Russell is still so sexy no matter how old he gets And the special effects were awesome. I agree about it reminding people of Titanic, but Titanic was stupid and this movie isn't
Old 05-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yay! I'm gonna go see it today at 4:55pm & I cannot wait, it looks so awesome, I'll definitely post after & tell ya what I thought of it
Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink
It's amazing lol, you should definitly see it. Kurt Russell is still so sexy no matter how old he gets And the special effects were awesome. I agree about it reminding people of Titanic, but Titanic was stupid and this movie isn't
Well, for that sentiment alone I might see it. Hee!

Anyway, I realized I hadn't welcomed you to the boards yesterday! We lost the original thread in the crash, but it didn't get many replies. I'm glad to see this one active.

Enjoy the boards!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:46 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
Well, for that sentiment alone I might see it. Hee!

Anyway, I realized I hadn't welcomed you to the boards yesterday! We lost the original thread in the crash, but it didn't get many replies. I'm glad to see this one active.

Enjoy the boards!
aww thank you!!
Old 05-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

It was okay...nothing too remarkable or memorable. I did however, guessed wrong about who was gonna die and who was gonna live. Emmy Rossum had too little to do in this movie. I actually liked her more in The Day After Tomorrow.

Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

I wanna see it just for Emmy Rossum. But it will probably be a while til I get to see it.

-- Patti
--
~*Cubby*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Candyman-

Never listen to the reviews. They don't like anything entertaining. Just gut-wrenching Oscar stuff. No action or comedy, they might say its okay but the give the drama stuff all the praise.

I stopped listening to reviews after they praised The Hours...have you seen this movie?

Nayden-fan868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Banned

I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best remake but I thought it was okay. Josh Lucas definately kicked butt in the movie by being the hero. It would have been better if there were more special effects and survivors, LOL.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top