Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

World Trade Center (2006) #1

Plot Summary for World Trade Center (2006)

In the aftermath of the World Trade Center disaster, hope is still alive. Refusing to bow down to terrorism, rescuers and family of the victims press forward. Their mission of rescue and recovery is driven by the faith that under each piece of rubble, a co-worker, a friend a family member may be found. This is the true story of John McLoughlin and William J. Jimeno, the last two survivors extracted from Ground Zero and the rescuers who never gave up. It's a story of the true heroes of that fateful time in the history of the United States when buildings would fall and heroes would rise, literally from the ashes to inspire the entire human race.
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

I am sooo against this movie. Time hasn't passed that much for them to make a movie like this.
Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Absolute Fan

they've already made United 93, which i thought when i went to see it was nicely done considering what its about. i would probably go see this new movie about the World Trade Center. We've all seen the footage and we all remember the aftermath, all they're doing is making a movie out of it. United 93 was made WITH the support of the victimss families, so i'm sure this new movie will have the same kind of backing and support.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer ~*Justified1/2*~
I am sooo against this movie. Time hasn't passed that much for them to make a movie like this.
I kind of agree. It's still too heartbreaking for some people. I know when United 93 came out there was kind of a debate going on about it. Families of the victims were kind of upset and stuff.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

I think that it is way too early for these type of movies. Although if the Families are ok with them being made, then the only thing we can do is just not see them. Maybe if they waited another couple of years I would think differently
Old 05-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just saw the trailer on the news. Looks like a movie with a lot of heart. Reminded me of Ladder 49. I'll probably watch it on DVD when it comes out.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

I don't think there's ever a time for this movie. I continue to think it's in exceptionally bad taste and exploitive to make movies about real events such as these.

I know I'm in the minority, which only makes it all that much more awful to me.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Cotton Candy

I totally hear you shrr, but there's another point of view here. Maybe the victims would have wanted us to see these films so that, on some level, we can all really experience the trauma that these people went through. I know that just from watching the tv movie, Flight 93, I gained a greater sense of loss and understanding about what happened on 9-11. Movies aren't always made for entertainment purposes (as I'm sure you already know), sometimes there's a greater goal in mind.

Again, I totally get where you're coming from and I've pondered the question myself, but ultimately I came to the conclusion that making these movies is a good thing as long as the families of the victims are behind the projects 100%.

Last edited by Cotton Candy; 05-18-2006 at 06:37 AM
Old 05-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to pass on the movie, it's too sad to watch.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, thats a tastful idea.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I dont think they should do this movie yet. It's too soon.

Dawson: Okay, all-time most life-altering moment?

Joey: "...In this room. I was standing over there, by the window. And you kissed me. And it changed everything. It’s a powerful thing... having your biggest wish come true in one moment."
Whichway2Capeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childhood Magic
I totally hear you shrr, but there's another point of view here. Maybe the victims would have wanted us to see these films so that, on some level, we can all really experience the trauma that these people went through. I know that just from watching the tv movie, Flight 93, I gained a greater sense of loss and understanding about what happened on 9-11. Movies aren't always made for entertainment purposes (as I'm sure you already know), sometimes there's a greater goal in mind.

Again, I totally get where you're coming from and I've pondered the question myself, but ultimately I came to the conclusion that making these movies is a good thing as long as the families of the victims are behind the projects 100%.
With all due respect (you know I don't mean this personally), I understand that some people need this to feel anything - I'm not one of them.

I have absolutely no problem remembering the events of that day (I was on my way to the airport for a business trip when the first plane hit the World Trade Center, and it took me a while before I could convince my boss I wasn't going to fly! Thankfully the FAA grounded all flights soon after that).

I also have no trouble envisioning the unbelievably horrific things these people must have gone through - and I KNOW what I imagine can't even come close to the true horror...which means what they went through is more than I could bear.

Why would I need a movie for that?

This is why I don't like films that deal with real-life tragedy. Again, with all due respect, I know there are people out there who lack that sort of imagination or ability to empathize, and some of them post on this board (I don't mean that as an insult - by their own admission they lack the ability to envision the events without seeing them on the big screen), and again, I'm.not.one.of.them.

I hope you can understand that.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I agree with you,its probably too soon. For this kind of movies i think there must be an interval (like 30-40 years). I was talking to friends about the movie and they support it,because it helps to understand. Maybe there are more people who have the same opinion.
Katie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Cotton Candy

shrr, it's not that people can't envision what happened. We all remember the terror and sadness of that day. But people living in say, middle America most likely didn't feel it as much as New Yorkers did (of course this is not a general statement).

Then there are those of us who were a little too young at the time (myself included) and couldn't fully grasp everything that went on, although we felt it very deeply. For me at least, watching the tv movie put me right there on the plane as I watched everyone's personal story unfold right before my very eyes. It had a huge impact on me, and I'm very glad I saw it, although I don't know if I could sit through another 9-11 movie. It's too painful to watch.

And even if you don't fit into these categories, there's imagining what it must've been like and seeing it acted out, and the latter is usually a more powerful image. (And don't worry, I didn't take anything personally. I hope you didn't either.)
Old 05-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Jay
Master Fan

I don't think it's a great idea to release this film simply 'cause we know what the ending will be and secondly, to have the victims' loved ones relive that. But i get what the movie is trying to get across = courage and american strength. But still, the whole film will create a bad vibe anyways. JMO. Don't get me wrong, I found the trailer interesting, it has alot of heart in it.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top