Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Break-up (Possible Spoilers)

I didnt see a thread for this movie so I thought I would start one and see what everyone thought of the movie or thinks of the trailer of it and who wants to see it or not, and why.

I personally want to see it, it looks funny and I love both Jennifer and Vincent.
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Addicted Fan

I want to see it, but I don't have a cutiepie to take. Jen is still cute as can be and I am Vince Vaughn, so can't go wrong there.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

The new regime liks VV. I personally can't stand him, but I still might see the movie because I love Jennifer Aniston and because VV's supposed to be slimy (he does slimey well - must come naturally).

But I have to admit the ads are funny. It came in number one over the weekend, by the box-office numbers, even beating the latest X-Men movie.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that is pretty cool that it even beat X-men. Im shocked by that. Everyone I know has seen the movie expect me, I feel so bummed by that
My LJ
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think it might have beat x-men because everyone and their mother went to see it last week.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

probably so, its more of a date movie and a good film for young and older ones to see.
My LJ
Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

The people I know that saw this hated the movie, especially ending. But they tend to love movies I think are crap, so I may like it. Plus, Vince is awesome.

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

My guy friend just told me that the ending wasnt that good. I wonder why..hm. Anyways, yes I do like Vincent, he cracks me up in most of his films and I always liked him in Psycho.
My LJ
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw this movie on Friday. Eh...it was okay. I guess I just had higher expectations. The ending was just kinda....blah, to say the least. Oh well. That might just be me.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I've seen it... and liked it. As a guy, I don't normally go to rom-coms in theaters. Anyways, it isn't a "date" movie, per se, but it does ring true when you've been in a similar situation. There were a lot of childish games trying to "one-up" the other that could've easily been solved with, I don't know, communication?

It does bring up good points like sometimes women need to be more forward about what they really want to guys because we can be slow at that. And vice versa, sometimes men need to do their part in the relationship. Sure, the ending deviates from typical rom-coms, but IMO, it worked.

Jon Favreau and Jason Bateman were pretty funny.
Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

For those expecting a nice, fluffy romantic comedy... This is not the movie for you.

This is more of a romanic seriodrama along the lines of more independent films like "Swingers" -- Which Vaughn is known for -- Considering the fact he also co-wrote the script and he purposefully said he hates predictable, cliched saccrine romantic comedies and wanted to do a movie about the humorous side of break-ups and the games men and women play with each other both during and after this event.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

I really want to see this movie...but no one to go with me, as of yet.

I don't pay much attention to critics, I have my own weird taste in movies...so I'll be seeing this move regardless. That, and I love Vince Vaughn and his wacky, sarcastic humor. My sister saw the movie, though. Said throughout the movie is was pretty funny, but the ending was stupid...even left room for a sequel? Interesting.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kara- Geez Im so curious now as to why the ending was blah
My LJ
Old 06-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

You haven't seen it yet either? I refuse to go to movies alone. So, yeah...I need to find someone to go with me.

Btw, nice icon.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im the same way too, hopefully I can see it soon.

Thank you
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread