Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

The White Stripes Appreciation Thread

I was really surprised there wasn't a thread for them. So here it is.

Let's start out with a question.

What is your favorite White Stripes Album?

This is hard choice for me, but I guess I would have to split my decision between Elephant and De Stijl. There are both just that good.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

No one likes the White Stripes?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

I like Seven Nation Army, but other than that and Blue Orchid (which I didn't like so much) I don't really know the White Stripes. But Seven Nation Army is really addictive

Uhm, and I think Meg White is really cool.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapraleif
I like Seven Nation Army, but other than that and Blue Orchid (which I didn't like so much) I don't really know the White Stripes. But Seven Nation Army is really addictive

Uhm, and I think Meg White is really cool.
They have a lot of good stuff out. Maybe I'm a little bias since I'm from the Detroit area.

And yes, Meg is awesome. My bf has a crush on her.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:32 PM
Elite Fan

I love them...
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

White Blood Cells...

they're not-so-new album Get Behind Me Satan is good too
i'm from Detroit so i have to support the White Stripes...mad props to the white stripes...i love their weirdness..
"dead leaves and the dirty ground" has to be my favorite song of all time my second fave is "hardest button to button"
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

"Get Behind Me Satan" is actually my favorite album because of the experimentation...I like to hear the new sounds that Jack White can come up with. Her eally is a genius. I caught the end of their set at a festival last year (it overlapped with my favorite band so I couldn't see all of it), and dear god Jack White can make a huge stage with a huge crowd seem like a closet he commands the audience so well.

Meg White is great, but as far as drummers go, she isn't one to make a fuss over. Then again, I do admire a musician who can sit back from being show-offy for the sake of the music. The White Stripes wouldn't be who they are without insane percussion bits.

How do y'all like The Raconteurs?
Old 06-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

yeah experimentation is good, in moderation. Here's what i've noticed about The White Stripes: With every album they twist their style of music...and that's not a bad thing...especially for them. I like it...i don't know why anyone else shouldn't..
Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Gil Grissom
White Blood Cells...

they're not-so-new album Get Behind Me Satan is good too
i'm from Detroit so i have to support the White Stripes...mad props to the white stripes...i love their weirdness..
"dead leaves and the dirty ground" has to be my favorite song of all time my second fave is "hardest button to button"

What city are you from, Mrs.? I was originally from the Downriver area, I now live in Garden City.

Gotta love our hometown band
Old 06-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

I know White Stripes have only got two members, but they still sound like a full band - I know it's a lot of fiddling in the studios and stuff, and my friend explained it to me once but he was really technical and I got completely lost. I know there are better drummers out there, I just think Meg is so cool. Heh.

Experimentation is good! I haven't heard the Racounters myself, but they featured them in our newspaper today, an article, and they sound cool. The Greenhornes, Brendan Benson and Jack - how eclectic is that?!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapraleif

Experimentation is good! I haven't heard the Racounters myself, but they featured them in our newspaper today, an article, and they sound cool. The Greenhornes, Brendan Benson and Jack - how eclectic is that?!
The Raconteurs are not as good, but still good. The CD grows on ya.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

I completely love The Raconteurs. I'm a huge Brendan Benson fan and was really interested to see what it would come out like. I think the album is great and it's refreshing to see a band that actually look like they're all having fun together.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dublingal
I completely love The Raconteurs. I'm a huge Brendan Benson fan and was really interested to see what it would come out like. I think the album is great and it's refreshing to see a band that actually look like they're all having fun together.
I have all of Brendan Benson's stuff, but haven't gave any of it much of a listen. I'll make a note to do that.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

Today my boyfriend and I drove through Indian Village in Detroit. It's a historical section of Detroit with really big and incredibly nice houses. Anyway, Jack White once lived there, and may still own a house there.

The rumor is that you would be able to tell which house was his. We guessed it was the only secluded house hidden by trees. It was pretty awesome looking, from what we could see of it.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Oh, cool ahh, 'Seven Nation Army' is such an addictive song.

I had to say it, I'm listening to it now