Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

HEROES thread #2 ~ because he was meant to do something extraordinary!

Amazing banner made by Cris and hosted by Darcy

HEROES
Welcome to Milo's TV show 'Heroes' discussion thread #2
Thread #1 can be found HERE

ROLE: Peter Petrelli

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: A male nurse. A young dreamer who tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar) that he can fly.

Scheduled to premiere on September 25, 2006

SHOW DESCRIPTION: Produced by NBC/Universal/Tailwind. Drama, Action/Adventure, Science-Fiction series.
It is a serial saga about people all over the world discovering that they have superpowers and trying to deal with how this change affects their lives. Not only are they discovering what having superpowers means to them but also the larger picture of where their superpowers come from. Eventually their superpowers draw them together when they try to evade the series' antagonist who wants to harness their super-DNA for himself.

(from NBC's press release) They thought they were like everyone else...until they woke with incredible powers. In Japan, a lowly office worker can teleport at will. In New York, a struggling artist can paint the future. In Los Angeles, a discontented beat cop can hear the thoughts of others. Heroes chronicles the lives of these people, and the lives of others like them – whose destiny just might be the saving of humankind...but first they must come to grips with their newfound powers. This original, edge-of-your-seat thriller will make you wonder if there really are heroes among us.

CAST
  • Milo Ventimiglia (Richard on "the Bedford Diaries") as Peter Petrelli
  • Adrian Pasdar (David Bradley on "Desperate Housewives") as Nathan Petrelli
  • Ali Larter (Clear Rivers on "Final Destination 2") as Niki Sanders
  • Greg Grunberg (Eric Weiss on "Alias") as Matt Parkman
  • Hayden Panettiere (Veronica 'Ronnie' Dewing on "the Book of Daniel") as Claire Bennet
  • Leonard Roberts (Forrest Gates on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") as D.L. Hawkins
  • Masi Oka (Franklyn on "Scrubs") as Hiro Nakamura
  • Noah Gray-Cabey (Franklin Aloysius Mumford on "My Wife and Kids") as Micah Sanders
  • Santiago Cabrera (ii) (Octavius on "Empire") as Diego Medina
  • Sendhil Ramamurthy (guest star on "Numb3rs") as Mohinder Suresh
  • Tawny Cypress (Nina Calvo on "Jonny Zero") as Simone Deveraux
CREW
  • David Semel (DIR/CO-EP on "House") as DIR/EP
  • Dennis Hammer (EP on "Crossing Jordan") as EP
  • Jesse Alexander (ii) (WRTR/EP on "Alias") as CO-EP
  • Tim Kring (Creator/WRTR/EP on "Crossing Jordan") as WRTR/EP

EPISODES
  • #1.01 (Pilot) - Genesis

banner hosted by Darcy

PICTURES
  • Milo Promo Pic
    Thanks to Sarah (Shanti70) for letting us know about it
    HQ Promo Pic of Milo
    Thanks to Sab for bringing it to us
  • Ensemble Cast
    Thanks to Ali for letting us know about it and Lucia for finding the bigger version
  • Milo with Adrian Pasdar
  • HQ pic of Milo and Adrian
    Thanks to Sab for bringing it over for us
  • HQ pic of the ensemble cast
    Thanks to Sandi for bringing it to our attention
  • Milo with some of his cast mates, taken at a special screening of the show on May 24th.
  • Milo and Hayden Panettiere at the NBC Upfronts on May 15th.
    Thanks to Roberta for hosting the last two pics
  • A new picture has surfaced of Milo and some of his cast mates at the Upfronts in NYC, you can see it HERE.
  • New official promo pics of Milo can be found HERE
    Thanks to Jess for hosting them
  • Milo and cast during Comic-Con's Q&A panel discussion: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
  • 2 new pics from the cast at Comic-Con: 1 and 2
    Thanks to Ali (Holly Gilmore) for bringing them to our attention

CAPS
  • Screencaps of the small clip posted on the NBC.com site:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
    Thanks to Jess for making these
  • 59 caps of the 411 clip HERE.
    Thanks to Ali for making them!
    Please Note: please don't directly link to them
  • 184 caps of the Extended Trailer HERE.
    Thanks to Ali for making them!
    Please Note: please don't directly link to them

Fan Art
LINKS
  • The official Heroes site can be found HERE
  • 9th Wonders will contain updated news and information about Heroes
    Thanks to Darcy for the link
  • Preview/Promo clips of Heroes can be seen at nbc.com HERE
    Thanks to OC for letting us know about it
  • Tim Sale (who does the artwork for the series) has his official site HERE
  • Go HERE to see 3 clips of the Heroes Comic-Con panel discussion. Please note that this will play the first clip. To the right of the clip you'll see links to click on for clip #2 and clip #3.

Last edited by darcybennett; 07-27-2006 at 07:03 AM
Old 06-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Absolute Fan

thanks for the new thread The title is perfect.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_mvpics
Scheduled to premiere on September 11, 2006.
There are diverging reports on the premiere date. Two sites for the show, had an initial debut of September 18th, but now apparently the show will premiere only on September 25th.
Of course, networks always change things around especially tv schedules, so as any new developments occur, it will be posted here.
About this: Networks don't even know what they're putting on in September yet for sure. There's no definite plan yet. Futon Critic got the Sept 11 thing from the projected NBC schedule. So we won't know for a few weeks what NBC decides. However, I feel like shows usually consistently start the third week in September, unless there is a conflict.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Supreme Fan

My best friend lives in LA and I told him about the Comic convention and he and I decided to try and go. I can't say for sure if I'll be there, but I'll try.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for starting the new thread, Kel! I adore the title!

Mar- that makes sense.

Sarah- *fingers crossed* for you to be able to go! I'll be so happy for you if you can make it there. Let us know how things go, okay? One way or the other.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for starting a new thread! I can't wait for more news!

There's so much I can fake
There's only so much that I can prove
avi by open_distance
Old 06-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti70
My best friend lives in LA and I told him about the Comic convention and he and I decided to try and go. I can't say for sure if I'll be there, but I'll try.
I hope you get to go. *crosses fingers* I'd love to be able to, but saving for a home must come before flying down to Comic Con. Unless...

No. House first, fangirl excursions later.

If you do decide to go, please try to take a camcorder! Pretty please?
Old 06-23-2006, 02:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Awesome about the Comic Con thing - I remember last year some people from Veronica Mars went and people manged to sneak in a few camcorders and share clips from the pannel so hopefully someone will be able to do the same this year for Heroes *prays*
Old 06-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Supreme Fan

My digital camera can do movies too, so if I can go I'll try to take some pics and maybe a small movie.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanti70
My digital camera can do movies too, so if I can go I'll try to take some pics and maybe a small movie.
Thank you Shanti Everyone would really appreciate that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Maniac
The title is perfect.
I like how it also applies to Milo himself

Was it a sign of fate back when Milo was asked in Zink magazine "If you could have just one super power, what would it be?" I liked his answer of "the power of persuassion".

If you suddenly had powers like the characters in Heroes, what one super power would you want?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Supreme Fan

I think I would want to have the same power as Milo, that of being an empath. I think you would have to be pretty grounded, emotionally, but at least you would have a positive power.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Supreme Fan

This is not intentional (a double post), just thought I'd bring this over from another site.

Quote:
Heroes is going to be screening at the Comic-Con International in San Diego in July. Here's the press release:

NBC’S HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED NEW DRAMA SERIES “HEROES” TO HOLD EXCLUSIVE PILOT SCREENING AND Q&A PANEL WITH CAST AND PRODUCERS AT COMIC-CON

WHAT: Comic-Con International 2006 fans will be the first to watch an exclusive 72-minute special cut of NBC’S “Heroes” pilot episode, created just for the annual event in San Diego. Debuting this fall on Mondays at 9-10 p.m. ET, “Heroes” chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover that they possess extraordinary abilities.

WHO: Following the screening, cast members Ali Larter (“Final Destination”), Greg Grunberg (“Alias”),Milo Ventimiglia (“Gilmore Girls”), Hayden Panettiere (“Ice Princess”), Sendhil Ramamurthy (“Blind Guy Driving”), and Masi Oka (“Scrubs”); creator/executive producer Tim Kring; executive producer Dennis Hammer; co-executive producer/comic book writer Jeph Loeb (“Lost,” “Superman for All Seasons”) and legendary comic book artist Tim Sale (“Batman: The Long Halloween”) will participate in a Q&A session. Limited edition “Heroes” comic books, created by Tim Sale, will be distributed at the screening to fans who receive a special pin at the “Heroes” booth.

In addition, “Heroes” will have a booth set up on the convention center floor during the entire run of Comic-Con International 2006. At this booth, cheerleaders will be handing out exclusive “Heroes” collector pins and other limited edition items.

WHEN: Friday, July 21, 2006 at 12:30 – 2:00 p.m. (Screening/Q&A)

WHERE: Comic-Con International 2006 – San Diego Convention Center

111 West Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101

§ Screening/Q&A will take place in Room 6CDEF

§ Booth activities will take place in Booth 3912

SYNOPSIS: From NBC Universal Television Studio comes the epic saga “Heroes,” which chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

As a total eclipse casts it shadow across the globe, we follow a genetics professor
(Sendhil Ramamurthy) in India whose father’s disappearance leads him to uncover a secret theory – there are people with super powers living among us. A young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia) tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar) that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere) learns that she is totally indestructible.
A Las Vegas stripper (Ali Larter), trying to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey), uncovers that her mirror image has a secret. A prison inmate (Leonard Roberts) mysteriously finds himself waking up outside of his cell. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and the relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck beat cop
(Greg Grunberg) can hear peoples’ thoughts, including the secrets of a captured terrorist. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka) develops a way to stop time through sheer will power. Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world.
I am still hoping to go.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Sorry for the triple post!
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG i wish i lived in San Diego. I really, really want to go to that.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Oh, wow! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed so that you are able to go, Sarah! It sounds like a must-not-miss event!!

Thanks so much for bringing over the info! It sounds wonderful! How lucky those attending will be!

I'm jealous.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread