Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Adam Rothchild-Ryan Appreciation [Popular]

Adam Rothschild-Ryan Appreciation [Popular]

This is the general gist on his appearance on that show, for those of you who might not have seen Popular:

"Hotshot new kid Adam Rothschild-Ryan (Wentworth Miller) befriends the Glamazons in an attempt to become the school's first male cheerleader. When he meets resistance (Mary Cherry thinks it wouldn't be Christian to have a guy touching her butt and looking up her dress when forming a pyramid), Adam decides to get on the squad by any means necessary."
I'm a fan of anyone who can worm their way into Mary Cherry's crew.

Some pictures:

[From the ep All About Adam]

[From the ep Ch-Ch-Changes]

from Wentworth-Miller.net

Adam was such a manipulative bitch, I loved him on that. Makes me wanna dig out my Popular vids from back in the day.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the All About Adam episode is on!!

I deliciously evil/ mean Went
The jury's out, but my choice is you

Old 08-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ah fricken finally! I couldn't well bump this up again myself..

Anyway, I remember laughing my ass off during the scene in that ep where Adam uncovers all their secrets in order to blackmail them into getting him onto the squad. *sniff* if I recall correctly he made fun of Hanson! He was just so determined..hehe.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
You were very patient

I loved WM on Popular! It was the first thing I ever saw him in and prompted me to rent everything else they had of his at Netflix.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

I've never seen Popular. Went's character sounds.. interesting
Old 08-11-2006, 05:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Anyway, I remember laughing my ass off during the scene in that ep where Adam uncovers all their secrets in order to blackmail them into getting him onto the squad. *sniff* if I recall correctly he made fun of Hanson! He was just so determined..hehe.
Evie

You remember correctly. Oh man, he's so funny. He called Mary Cherry the retarded one... Oh it makes me laugh everytime I see it.

sidenote: Evie, your avi = I love it

Old 08-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by p&j =true luv
I've never seen Popular. Went's character sounds.. interesting
It's a must-see for any Went fan..you think you've seen everything he has to give as an actor, then you watch that & He's just amazing. Very chameleon like [no sign of an iguana, heh, I saw the clip you were talking about Kayla!] he's just fabulous on this. It's not something you would expect from him, knowing what he's like or by looking at other roles he's taken on.. Perhaps it was to my advantage to see him first on this show, cos I loved it and went into it with no expectations of him. When others see it, such as we've seen in the Wentworth App thread, they haven't liked it cos it's so..quirky and left of center. [Or maybe they just don't like the show. ]

Hehe, thanks Nichole! It was definitely a fun to see him on that show, I could expect a crazed girl wanting in on the team, but never a boy. That was awesome. That came out when there wasn't much else happening on Went's book so I didn't have much of a back catalogue to work from, but that's cool that it was this particular role that got you interested in seeing the rest of it.

Aw, thanks Kayla! iiicons [where I got it from] has heaps of hilariously random icons like that.

I tracked down a segment from that ep, I'm gonna make some icons out of Mary Cherry giving him a few slaps before they madly start making out.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Sounds really interesting, I really have to see it now
Old 08-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Aw, thanks Kayla! iiicons [where I got it from] has heaps of hilariously random icons like that.

I tracked down a segment from that ep, I'm gonna make some icons out of Mary Cherry giving him a few slaps before they madly start making out.
YAY!!!! Oh that scene was way too funny. And then how he walks down the hall afterwards and wipes his mouth!

Old 08-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

OMG! I saw some clips from his appearance on Popular today, and they had me laughing my pants off. Especially the part where he's introduced as the Manazon, and he choreographs this routine. The way he lead them was just hilarious! Snapping his fingers like that..good god.

"and turn, turn, turn, turn... I CAN'T WORK WITH THIS!"

Man do I love Went even more now, if it's even possible. This has GOT to be one of his best performances yet.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Master Fan

The screen caps in the first post are good!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by life_style
Man do I love Went even more now, if it's even possible. This has GOT to be one of his best performances yet.
Yay! That's what I wanna see. It's a bit of a fruity role but it just proves how awesome of an actor he is, I think it rates up with his PB performances, but on a degree of difficulty level. He's so convincing as a high school drama queen. I can imagine him / the girls wanting to crack up every time they had to do their scenes.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

He looks kinda cute with the glasses on..lol
Old 08-14-2006, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That he does. I can bet they're, of course, only being used for their fashion value, rather than optometric reasons.. It goes well with his suit, he looks very important [and not crazy ].
Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

He looks good with the glasses but the thick black part of them is a little much...