Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

Heroes Episode 1-02 Discussion Thread - Don't Look Back (October 2)

Episode description:

Heroes Episode #2: 'Don't Look Back'

As people around the world find their lives disrupted by their new, extraodinary abilities, authorities investigate several bizarre, gruesome murders -- Greg Grunberg (Alias) joins the cast as Matt Parkman, a policeman who can hear other people's thoughts; Clea Duvall (Carnivale) and Nora Zehetner (Everwood) guest star.

Outside a bizarre, gruesome crime scene, Los Angeles beat cop Matt Parkman (Greg Grunberg) is the only one who can hear the cries of a missing little girl. Claire (Hayden Panettiere) almost reveals her secret ability to the entire school after learning that her injury attempt tape has disappeared. Thinking she's going crazy, Niki (Ali Larter) loses another block of time after waking to find some brutally murdered thugs in her garage, only to be confronted by Social Services about son Micah (Noah Gray-Cabey). While office drone Hiro (Masi Oka) investigates New York, Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) confronts Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) following his plunge off a building. Sendhil Ramamurthy, Santiago Cabrera and Tawny Cypress also star.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

The episode trailer can be downloaded HERE

I'm looking forward to Peter's reactions tonight and how he starts to deal with what happened.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

According to other reviews I heard that heroes is really good! I hope I get to watch that Heroes some time soon.

The episode description seems very interesting to me!
barelylegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

I hope you get to see it soon too, barely! It's so good, it's not to be missed!!

I love that teaser trailer! So much going on... so much to look forward to... Thanks for the link, Kel!

I'm very curious to see how Peter reacts to everything that happened... not being the one who can actually fly... if he'll think that once again his brother has taken "something away from him"...

Just 6 hours left for me!

ETA

Just done watching... and... whoa. My mouth's still hanging open from watching the last scene... OMG! How freakin' mysterious and wickedly creepy and eerie. Hiro's now officially my second favorite character. What a hoot he is... the scene with the cops... and the last scene?!! Holy time traveler!! We see a glimpse of what could be the cataclysmic event which Isaac painted and... November 8th... a date to remember... but what year? And was that Isaac who had the top of his head sawed off, like the one in Matt Parkman's story?

Who is Syler?

Milo was terrific in his scenes... the one with his mom and her telling him about his dad and his depressive state... (how that will make him question and affect what he thinks and feels about what's happening to him)... it was really touching when she leaned in to tell him he was always her favorite and that she couldn't lose him too... the look on Peter's face... Milo owned that moment. But can he actually fly? Or does he absorb Nathan's power so much when he's near him to the extent that he can himself take flight? The look of absolute elation and relief on Peter's face when he realizes that he was hovering in midair was priceless... and Nathan's, I guess I'll say distress, over what this may mean if it ever gets out in public...

Niki's 'double' helping her to cover her tracks... who's skeleton did she uncover in that out of the way place when trying to bury her own little problem? This mystery is getting trickier and trickier... really fascinating...

Greg's character's introduction was great... I like that his "power" kind of backfired on him with the female investigator. This ability of his is going to be very interesting to watch develop.

Claire and her dad... whoa... but I kind of figured it was him who stole the tape... I wonder what this will mean for her now...? He's one ruthless individual.

The mystery surrounding Papa Suresh's death is a mystery within a mystery... there are a lot of twists and turns I think in store. I really enjoyed the addition of Eden into the mix... but can she be trusted? Mohinder seems to tell her an awful lot for someone who's basically a stranger to him... he probably feels connected to his dad more through her. But it makes me wonder if he's not putting her life in danger by telling her so much of his dad's research and theory.

Isaac's paintings and visions are only going to get worse, I think. I know she cares for him and doesn't want to see him like this but I'm not sure I like the character of Simon. I understand her motivation, but his premonitions is not something that she, nor Isaac can stop.

I'm totally captivated... I can't wait for next week!!

Last edited by darcybennett; 10-02-2006 at 07:33 PM
darcybennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 1.02 'Don't Look Back' recap (Milo Scenes)

Peter is falling from the building again, as in the previous episode. Suddenly, he wakes up in a hospital bed. Nathan is standing next to him. Peter is confused about where he is and what happened. Nathan tells him he jumped.

Peter- "Jumped?"
Nathan- "Yeah. Off the roof of a fifteen-story building. You tried to kill yourself."
Peter is confused at what he is hearing.

Nathan- "You were a little wound up yesterday. But I thought you were just being you."
Peter starts to chuckle at all this.

Peter- "What are you talking about? I didn't... I didn't try to kill myself. You were in the alley below. I jumped, and... then you..."
Peter looks up at him.

Peter- "You flew."
Nathan starts to laugh, then realizes Peter is serious.

Nathan- "I what?"
Peter- "You flew up and you caught me."
Nathan- "You jumped... Peter."
Peter shakes his head with certainty.

Nathan- "twenty-five feet to a fire escape. I climbed up and carried you down. That's what happened. The rest is just crazy talk. You understand."
Peter stares at him, hoping it isn't true.

Peter is sitting up in his hospital bed. He's drawing on a pad. It's of two stick people. One is on the ground, the other appears to be flying towards the other.

There's a knock on the glass. It's Peter's mother. As she enters the room holding a bag, Peter quickly hides his sketch. He smiles at her, looking a little uncomfortable and embarrassed.

Mom- "Help me understand what you were doing on that roof."
Peter- "I can't. Not yet. But I will. You just have to trust me.
There's a pause, as if she is hesitant to say something. Then she sits down beside him. She puts the bag on his bed. Its full his clothes and she starts to lay them out for him.

Mom- "There's something you need to know about your fathers death. He committed suicide."
Peter- "What?"
Mom- "He committed suicide."
She continues to lay out his clothes and talks very calmly, showing little emotion.

Mom- "I found him on the floor of the bathroom."
Peter- "You said he had a heart attack."
Mom- "I lied. For his reputation, his heart was fine."
Peter is confused.

Peter- "But he'd had two others before that."
Mom- "Well, I lied about those too. Suicide attempts, both of them. He finally got what he wanted."
Peter just stares at her.

Mom- "When he was twenty-three he was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. He couldn't help it. It was just who he was."
Peter- "Why didn't I know about any of this before?"
He now looks hurt.

Mom- "Your father and I decided not to tell you since the disorder can have a genetic link and you were always so sensitive. We didn't want you to worry about it."
Peter- "But you're telling me now."
His mother pauses, but continues to face him about it. In her own way, you can tell she is worried for him.

Mom- "It can start with dillusions of grandeur. Thinking you're invincible, or indestructible. They are irrational thoughts that then turn suicidal. It's time you took a hard look at your life."
Peter puts his head down, as if he's ready to break down.

Mom- "And if there are changes to be made, I want to be here to help you."
Her voice begins to crack.
Mom- "Because there's something else I never told you."
Peter looks up at her again. She smiles.
Mom- "Come here."
They both lean towards each other.

Mom- "You were always my favorite. I cannot lose you."
Peter holds back tears, and smiles. He nods his head, then looks away. His face is filled with sadness.

At night, Peter sits on the edge atop of a building. The New York skyline surrounds him as he appears deep in thought. From behind, Nathan opens the door to the outside and approaches him. He says he's been looking all over for him. Peter can't look at him.

Peter- "Did you know about Dad's depression?"
Nathan puts his head down.

Nathan- "Yeah."
Peter- "Why didn't you ever tell me?"
Nathan- "Because everyone is entitled to their secrets, Peter."
Peter stares down below at the street. Then, he stands up on the edge and turns to face Nathan.

Peter- "I was so sure when it happened. Now it turns out I'm just... going crazy."
Peter now faces the street again.

Nathan- "Look, hey... We've been through this before. We've played this game, okay?"
Peter turns around again and faces him, still up on the outer edge of the rooftop.

Nathan- "Let's just... Let's just go."
Peter- "Tell me what happened, Nathan. When I jumped. Tell me you flew. I wanna hear you say that you flew."
Peter takes a step back.

Peter- "Tell me, or I'll jump again."
Nathan says nothing. Peter takes another step back.

Peter- "Hey, good luck on your caimpaign... when I'm splattered all over the ground below."
Peter almost falls backward.

Nathan- "All right. You want the truth?"
Peter- "Yeah."
Nathan- "We both flew."
Peter rolls his eyes, as if knowing Nathan isn't telling the truth.

Nathan- "Pete... I caught you, and I lost control. You're too heavy. We both started falling to the ground. And just before we... Just before we hit, you flew. You."
Peter- "Are you lying to me?"
Nathan shakes his head. Peter is now mad, clearly not believing him.

Peter- "You are."
Peter begins walking towards him.

Peter- "You're trying to tell me what you think what I wanna hear."
Nathan looks up at him as if shocked. Peter continues to walk towards him.

Peter- "You're lying to me again!"
Nathan, unable to speak, points to Peter's feet. Peter looks down. He realizes he had walked off the outer edge of the rooftop and straight ahead towards Nathan. He is now hovering in the air, flying, in front of Nathan.

Peter loses his balance and concentration, and falls, landing on his feet. They stare at each other, stunned. Then Peter, relieved and overjoyed, embraces Nathan. Nathan seems more concerned though.

Peter- (whispering) "Did you see that? Did you see that? I flew."
Nathan- "Yeah, I- I know."

Peter smiles, as if freed.

We now see Peter's sketch again, lying on the hospital bed. It has the two stick men, one standing and one flying towards the other, on top of a building with the New York skyline behind them. It is a picture depicting exactly what has just happened... as if Peter had the power to foresee it.

to be continued...

Thanks to roxygrl223 for the animation
Old 10-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Supreme Fan

I loved every minute of tonight's episode. Can this show get any better? I don't think so. Milo was amazing, as usual.
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow.

I think tonight's episode has left me even more excited and hyper than last weeks. It was SO good. I loved it all. There are some shows with big casts where I don't really care much about some of the characters and their scenes are kinda just there and I sit through them to get to the scenes involving the characters I like. But I haven't felt that way about any of these characters so far. They all interest me.

But Peter is my favorite, of course. And I loved all of his scenes tonight. I really loved that rooftop scene... just the way it was filmed... Milo sitting on the edge of the building at night. It seemed really beautiful to me for some reason.

P.S. Has the actress playing Mohinder's "cute neighbor girl" (I forget the characters name and that's what my husband called her) been in anything else recently? She looked kinda familiar.
Holly Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Amazing episode!

Peter can FLY!!!

And since this is the Milo discussion board and I doubt anyone else on the Gilmore Girls page will care, (this has to do with Heroes, not Milo)

TWoP just gave me this info (which I decided to research into via IMDB)
Hiro's IMDB Page

I'm so excited that this fantastic actor has been in my other favourite show! (As a philosophy student...season 2)
MickeyJr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Quote:
Milo sitting on the edge of the building at night. It seemed really beautiful to me for some reason.
I thought that too..just they was the building lights were on, and he was wearing dark clothes...it just looked so beautiful...

I loved this ep...and i like and am intersted in all the characters...usaually with a big cast there are some character's who storylines aren't the great or just sub plots but with this show everyones story is equally great...

Oh and i was watching KTLA 5 morning news today and one of the anchors was saying that she watched Heroes and it was amazing!! I love that the show is appealing to everyone..
Old 10-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Overnight Ratings

The Futon Critic

Quote:
"Heroes": households: 7.6/11, #5; adults 18-49: 5.3, #2
____

TV and movie guide: Zap2it.com

Quote:
"Heroes" was down from some from its premiere on NBC but still finished second with a 7.6/11 (and won the hour in adults 18-49).
Bummer that it went down slightly from last week... but as long as we keep winning the hour in the key adult demographic, the show will be in good shape.

____

Media Week

Quote:
Yesterday’s Winners:
Deal or No Deal (NBC), Two and a Half Men (CBS), The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS), Heroes (NBC), CSI: Miami (CBS)

...while week two of NBC’s competing Heroes lived up to its title. Heroes averaged a comfortable 9.4/14 in the overnights (#2), 12.57 million viewers (#2) and a first-place 5.3/13 among adults 18-49, building from lead-in Deal or No Deal by a hefty 43 percent among adults 18-49. Retention for Heroes from its week-ago premiere (Overnights: #1, 9.7/14; Viewers: #1, 14.10 million; A18-49: 31, 5.9/14 on Sept. 25) was also solid at 97 percent in the overnights, 89 percent in total viewers and 90 percent among adults 18-49.

Waiting for NBC's spin on things...
Old 10-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Here are clips of Milo's scenes from last night's episode.

1.02 - Don't Look Back

God, it was such a good episode. I could watch that rooftop scene over and over again.

Could. Did. Same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcybennett (View Post)
Waiting for NBC's spin on things...
They have a spin? How does it work? There's a big difference between last weeks numbers of 14 million and 25 million. Which is right? And if they're both right... how?

Last edited by Holly Gilmore; 10-03-2006 at 03:47 PM
Holly Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Supreme Fan

Heroes probably lost a few viewers to "The Bachelor." Not enough to worry about though. Things are looking good!
Shanti70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Milo was incredible last night as usual and I loved that Peter was able to fly. So awesome.

The ratings are looking good so far for Milo.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Gilmore (View Post)
They have a spin? How does it work? There's a big difference between last weeks numbers of 14 million and 25 million. Which is right? And if they're both right... how?
Yes, they're usually more detailed in regards to the actual numbers and how 'improved' or 'bad' the shows did compared to the previous week and year at the same day.

NBC Media Village

Quote:
NBC DELIVERS PRIMETIME'S BIGGEST GAINS VERSUS LAST YEAR FOR THE WEEK AND THE SEASON

THE PEACOCK IS UP 18 PERCENT IN 18-49 THROUGH TWO WEEKS OF THE 2006-07 SEASON WHILE CBS IS FLAT AND ABC AND FOX ARE DOWN

THE PEACOCK GENERATES YEAR-TO-YEAR GAINS ON FOUR NIGHTS LAST WEEK

'HEROES' IS THE WEEK'S TOP-RATED NEW SERIES IN ADULTS 18-49, 18-34 AND 25-54

For the first two weeks of the 2006-07 television season, NBC is the only network showing year-to-year gains in adults 18-49, where the network is up 18 percent versus the same period last year (3.9 rating versus 3.3). In that same comparison, CBS is flat, ABC is down 5 percent and Fox is down 7 percent. Season-to-date in total viewers, all four major networks are up year-to-year, with NBC reporting easily the biggest increases. NBC is up versus the opening two weeks of the season last year by 13 percent in total viewers (10.7 million vs. 9.5 million) while CBS is up 1 percent, ABC is up 2 percent and Fox is up 0.1 percent.

NBC's "Heroes" was the highest-rated freshman series on television in the key demographic of adults 18-49 last week, with its debut on Monday, Sept. 25 ranking #6 among all programs in that key demo.

* On Monday, the debut of "Heroes" delivered NBC's highest 18-49 rating and overall viewer total for any fall drama premiere in five years and was also the highest-rated 9 p.m. ET drama premiere on any network since the launch of "Desperate Housewives" nearly two years ago. "Heroes" ranked #1 in its hour in adults 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and total viewers.

* Also on Monday, NBC's new primetime line-up of "Deal or No Deal," "Heroes" and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" combined to give NBC its second consecutive Monday win of the new season in adults 18-49, up 18 percent in the demo and 17 percent in total viewers versus the second Monday of last season.
I presume the difference between the number of viewers (14M) reported by the Nielsen's fast national ratings last week with what NBC indicated in their promo for the show (25M), is probably due to the fact that they calculated and took into consideration all of the demographics combined, the repeat of the pilot on Tuesday, the number of people who downloaded it from NBC, as well as iTunes, etc.

Thanks so much for the video clip link! I'll watch it again. And again. And again.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

Well it seems that the show is doing good for NBC!!! So i don't know the exact number, but at least their are articles saying that people are watching and not articles saying that no one is watching.