Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fan Encounters

If you've met Shiri, please share your stories and pictures here.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

I have met Shiri and as soon as I can dig up my stories and photos I will post them.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

You're adorkable!! - Hell on Heels
EARLBNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you. I'd love to hear about it again.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Leigh (View Post)
Thank you. I'd love to hear about it again.
I love to relive my incounter with Shiri over and over again. I still can’t believe I actually met Shiri Appleby.

4/29/06 was the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Thank you Shiri.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

all the people that met Shiri at the premiere of "I'm Reed Fish". I would love to hear you stories again =)
..::Lourdes::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Well here is my story of meeting Shiri for the first time at the 2005 Boston Film Festival to see her movie When Do We Eat on September 10,2005!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

They say dreams do come true and one of my dreams came true this weekend. I can't even put into words the emotions I am feeling. It is still all so surreal to me. I never thought I would ever actually meet a celebrity or someone famous, let alone some one from the cast of Roswell. I remember watching Roswell and thinking how amazing it would be to meet the cast some day. Well I finally did meet a member of the cast of Roswell and I met my first actress Shiri Appleby.

I arrived in Boston on September 9,2005 and met up with Jen,Crystal,Kristen and her friend Molly we all checked into the Double Tree hotel in Boston to begin our Adventure. It was great to see and meet everyone. We had a blast watching Jen's music videos and talking about our favorite especially from Roswell and Shiri related things. Afterwards we went to get some pizza in honor of Shiri at a place called New York Pizza in Boston by the Theater the film was going to be at. It was pretty funny because fate must have been on our side because there was a Pizza box with the poster for Shiris movie Pizza My Heart on it. I thought Kristen was going to die she was in shock and begged the guy to have it. But alas it did not work but we got pictures of it. Then we went back to the hotel and ate pizza and talked about the day ahead of us.

The next day we got up and met up with Carol and Carolyn . It was awesome to see everyone. The Dreamer Guardian Angel sisters Me, Jen and Carolyn were reunited for our 3rd Annual "Up North" Boston trip. In honor I made everyone who came a Dreamer CD of all songs I enjoy as well as others from past Up North Trips. Everyone loved it.

After that we went and picked up our tickets for the Boston Film Festival for Shiri's movie When Do We Eat and got some Boston Film Festival booklets. After that we went out to breakfast and of course starbucks. We then went and toured around Boston for a while went to Quincy Market saw the Up North street sign and did some shopping. After that we took the T line to Cambridge to meet up with Mai and Loretta for dinner at John Harvard’s. It was awesome we saw Harvard in honor of Liz Parker and a jeep that looked like Bob from Roswell. We then met up with Mai by some open circle where there was a guy playing the guitar and singing John Lennon "Strawberry Fields Forever" How ironic is that I was dying. It couldn't have been more perfect for our weekend trip. We then went to John Harvard’s for dinner which was a great time.

After that we then took the T line back to the Hotel to get ready for the 7:30 showing of the movie. It was hysterical on the way there the street walk signs beep to let you know it is safe to cross but it sounds like the beeping at the end of destiny with the orbs so every time we would hear it we would quote Howie from the Backstreet Boys and the last quotes from Destiny "It has begun" and "What do we do now Max" I was dying.

We then arrived at the theater and got our seats in the front. It was so funny we ran into other Shiri Roswell fans who went to BU and the guy sitting behind us turned out to be a long time college film school friend of the director Salvador Litvak. Then some one called out Jen's name and it was Mr.G and we were yelling out Mr.G It was great seeing everyone and talking about the fan forum sights and about Shiri. It was funny Kristin’s friend Molly was like "Oh god there are more like you out there" In reference to Kristin and her obsessions.

Then a guy who worked for the theater came in to sell drinks and snakes before the show started. Let me just say this guy was a riot!! he was hysterical. It was great talking to him. Then Carolyn aka Roswool pulled out her handprint stamp and started stamping everyone's hands with a silver hand print. She also was so kind to make us all copies of Shiri picture from when she met her the first time at the BAT for us to have for her to sign. I also brought a special gift for her I had an extra Dreamer CD that I made for everyone and Carolyn stamped the CD with a silver hand print. So I could give to her.

All of the sudden I turned and saw a guy wearing a hat and a girl wrapped in a dark black shawl with long brown hair I knew it was Shiri. Everyone was like I think that is her. I wasn't really nervous my heart was pounding a little but I figured she was a human being after all who is just like us and wanted to show her support for her work on the film. Then some one said her name Shiri. She smiled and was really grateful we all showed up she came right over and started talking to us. I was really taken back by how grateful and sweet she was to everyone. She was shy and nice in a very humbling down to earth sort of way. I was really blown away by how sweet and nice she was. She came over to where I was sitting and started talking to Carolyn and signed her picture from the Bowl- A- Thon. She then came over to me. As strange as it sounds it felt like seeing an old friend who I saw over the years with Roswell and everything. I was so moved by how sweet she was. And started talking to her even though in the back of my mind I was like "Your talking to Shiri Appleby" but I just kept on saying she is human just like you and me. So it eased my nerves and her calmness was very soothing. She was so easy to talk to. I asked her if she would mind signing the picture of her for me and she said not at all and asked how to spell my name.

After that I handed her my Dreamer CD she asked me if she wanted her to sign it and I said "No. This is a gift I made this for you." She then looked at it amazed and was really touched and said "aw you are so sweet. You made this wow." Then I told her how I made it for everyone and how we try to get together once a year in Boston. Shiri was so cute she then smiled and said "Do you watch Roswell related things." I told her yes. Though for some reason I was slightly embarrassed and hope she didn't find me odd or weird but I found it funny as well. And Carolyn explained to her about the "Up North" Trips. But she smiled and laughed and thought it was really sweet. She then thanked me for the CD and told me how thoughtful it was. She then went down the line and met the rest of us.

After that she told us how excited she was about the movie and how proud she was with how it came out and that she would be more then willing to stay and hang out with us afterwards for pictures and what not.

Then the director and Shiri came up and were announced and how there would be a Q&A after the Movie When Do We Eat . The movie was hysterical I was dying. I never laughed that much in my life. It was very good and very well done. The director’s wife wrote part of the script. It was very endearing and sweet at the end. The director Salvador Litvar and Shiri sat in the typical directors chairs (I love those chairs they are so cool) and started the Q and A most of the questions were asked by us. I even asked the director some questions being I found the film so interesting. Both him and Shiri were great but I felt kind of bad with the amount of camera's going off I was even blinded so I can't see how they could hold a thought with out seeing anything. But I am sure they are used to it but I can how stars are annoyed by it but they seemed fine with the flashes and pictures. I guess so being the director even asked it we could post them on the website so I guess we did well in his book.

It was pretty funny when we asked if any other cast members were going to be there and the director said that Ben Feldman was going to be there but couldn't make it at the last minute. Mai your reaction was priceless with you saying how upset you were he wasn't there.

The director told us that the movie When Do We Eat is coming to all Theaters in either march or April when ever Passover is, being the movie is about a family's Passover meal. They said that the movie is in the tradition of movies like my Big Fat Greek wedding so right away you know it is going to be good and how grateful he was for taking a risk and making this movie being religion and Hollywood don't really mix to well but trust me I am glad he did take on the challenge it was hysterical and very touching so I am very happy it is going to be out in theaters soon.

After that we then waited in the Lobby and waited for Shiri. She was so sweet taking photos and talking and fooling around with us she felt like one of the group which was awesome. Mai that was great when she took off her shoes to see how tall you two where and how she and Kristen had on the same dark red nail polish you so pegged it Kristen

I then forgot I didn't sign her CD so I told of "Oh I forgot to sign your CD" and she was like oh you don't have to I should be the one signing it. I was like no really you sign autographs all the time the least I could do was to trade places with you. It’s no problem." She laughed at that and I signed her Dreamer "Up North" CD. I sighed it To Shiri Thanks for everything. God Bless. Keep on Dreaming. Love Erin I then handed it back to her she was so happy. But the best was talking to her about Jason Behr her costar also Max Evans on Roswell. She was going on and on about how sweet and hot and gorgeous he is.

It was hysterical she even made a comment on how great a kisser he was. We then told her the story about seeing the Pizza My Heart Box at the pizza place by the theater she that she should stop by and how we showed her the picture she then said how her costar love interest was nice and a great kisses but nothing like Jason and she rolled her eyes in bliss and her face lit up. It was too cute.

We then got a group picture with her. It was great being it was only a very small group of us and there was no press or security so we really got a chance to talk and hang out with her. She was telling us how she was in New York for two days before she came to Boston and how she has been on vacation just relaxing being she has been working she much. She was so gracious that we all came to the showing of When Do We Eat and hoped we liked it. We then walked out of the theater with her talking and laughing all the way. She then said how touched she was we all came and that it was nice meeting us all. She then went into the black car waiting to pick her us along with the director. It was funny when she got into the car she pulled down the window and said goodbye to us all and that it was great meeting us all.

It felt like a dream the whole experience meeting her. She has to be and I am not just saying this because she is famous and a star or actress and what not the sweetest nicest down to earth person I have ever met. It was such a pleasure to meet her. I wish her only the best in life. She truly is a wonderful good natured kind caring soul and probably the nicest person I have met. God bless her in all that she does. I wish her nothing but the best. She truly loves what she does and it shows. She is very passionate about her work yet very humble when it comes to fans. That in itself I feel is a true gift and quality that so many actors and actresses lack they believe that it is all about them when in reality you lose sight of the fact that acting is very much a craft and collaboration of team work and learning and working with all different types of people on so many levels. So it touches me to know that there are people out there who truly are moved by the support they get and love their craft and what they do.

Meeting Shiri was such an honor it felt like she was one of us because she is. To be honest towards the end of the night when we were saying goodbye to her I felt like I was saying goodbye to an old friend. It was a great day and one I will treasure forever. Shiri if you are lurking which rumor has it sometimes you do. I just want to say thank you. Thank for a wonderful time and for being you. Oh and I hope you enjoy the CD. It was an honor. God bless.

Afterwards we all went to Finally’s for dessert. Mai Thanks for the recommendation it was amazing!! Oh and that was so sweet of you to give Jen a birthday cake to take home It was awesome getting together to talk about the movie and to celebrate Jen Birthday and everyone’s good news in there lives!! We had an amazing time. After that we went back to the hotel and got ready to go home the next day and went to bed.

In the morning we said goodbye to Kristen and Molly and checked out of the hotel.

Kristen it was great meeting you!! We had a blast oh and tell Molly I hope her voice is feeling better and I hope we didn't scare her too much this weekend hanging out with us. She is really sweet.

After that Me, Jen, and Crystal met up with Loretta and Carolyn and Carol and her mom for breakfast. I went and got my film developed which was funny everyone was shocked as to how much Shiri and I look like we could be related. Loretta was like you two could be sister's and Mai was like yeah it's scary. Even my mom agreed when I told her After that we went and got some coffee at Starbucks and then we said our goodbyes.

Over all it was an amazing weekend and one I will never forget. I was getting a little teary eyed writing this because it is all starting to sink in as to just how wonderful and fun this weekend was. Thank you everyone for an amazing weekend it is one that is definitely going in the history books.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would meet someone from the cast of Roswell or met my first and might I add one of my favorite actresses up close. It was just amazing. But then I guess that is one thing that life and the show Roswell has taught me is to never give up on your dreams because if you believe enough in them they might just come true.

Love,
Erin aka Roswell 10/2/00

Pictures from our amazing weekend

Me and the lovely Miss Shiri Appleby

The Group shot inside the Theater with our Ultimate Dreamer

Autographing my gift to Shiri: Her very own Dreamer "Up North" CD
(notice the silver hand print special thanks to Carolyn )

Mai's Birthday Cake to Jennifer

Pizza My Heart: Pizza Box at New York Pizzeria Our Shiri moment in Boston

All of us at John Harvard's in Boston for dinner

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Here is my account of meeting Shiri the second time in Febuary in NYC and being an extra in her new movie The Killing Floor! Enjoy!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I was an extra in Shiri Appleby and Marc Blucas new movie The Killing Floor on Feb 3rd and on Feb 17-18th in NYC. I even got a chance to work with both of them in the scenes I was in.

-----------------------------------
February 3, 2006 Also my account is spolier free because of copyright issues I know nothing about the script or as to how our scene relates to the movie plus and I want you all to see this movie so I just wanted to make that clear so I don't get into trouble. Thanks

I was an extra on the set of Marc Blucas and Shiri Appleby's new movie The Killing Floor on Friday Feb 3rd in NYC. It was amazing. I loved it! Even though I didn't get to see Shiri at all. I still had a blast. It was great to get back into theater again. I was a theater minor in college and have always had a deep passion for it. So it was great to be in that environment again.

It was so great to meet new people as well. All of the other extras were really nice and great to hang out with. The cast and crew were also very nice as well. In the morning they were doing a running scene so we got to see Marc Blucas for a little bit while he was rushing off to do his scene. He said hi to all of us.

Later on I was called to be in a walking scene where Marc is running down into a subway entrance and I walk pass with another woman Alisa. So when we were on set we got to talk to him more. They shot our scene from 2 different angels. However we had to do it again and wait when the sum was setting to get the shot.

So it was cool we got to drive in a van with Marc and the rest of the crew to the set again later in the day. So that is when we really got to talk to him. We talked about the Superbowl and how he was rooting for the Stealers being he is original from Butler, Pennsylvania and lives right by where the boarder of Ohio is. He is a really cool lay back guy and thanked us for helping out and being extras.

The director Chris was also very nice and helped us with our cues and getting used to the whole Film shooting. Later in the day I also got to met the actress Reiko Ayesworth who plays Audery Marc love interest in the movie and I got to see a stunt being done when David first meets Audery. So it was interesting to watch and observe how they do certain shots.

My scene was really short so they might be able to use me again. They are trying not to repeat extras in every scene so that people in the audience won't be like wait didn't I just see that person. I am really hoping I get a call back for the 17th and 18th being I have a feeling Shiri will be there because they are shooting a club party scene and her character Rebecca mentions it in the script.

Either way I had a wonderful time and it was a great experience. I really LOVED it and I not have a new found respect for the time and dedication and hard work the cast and crew put into filming a movie. A two second scene takes a lot more time to get set up and ready then you think. I admirer how patient everyone was esp in NY where the streets can be very crazy esp during rush hour. I am glad they got most of there shots in due to the weather and crowed streets.

I really hope I get a call back. It would be awesome to see Marc as well as Shiri again being the first time I met her was at the 2005 Boston Film Festival to see her movie When Do We Eat which is coming to theaters April 7th amazing movie you all should see it! I also would love to be on set again and see everyone. I had a blast!!

Hi Everyone,

My adventures as an extra on the movie set of The Killing Floor.

It was my first movie I ever worked in and also got to work worth the two main leads so it was very exciting!

I can't believe I got to work with Marc Blucas and worked with him not once but twice for his movie The Killing Floor and then not only that but I got to meet Shiri again (being the first time I met her was in Boston at the Film festival in September. Shiri was the first real actress I ever met for my first "celebrity encounter" )

And how 5 months later I got to meet her again on set for her and Marc's film The Killing Floor) and this time work with her as well in my first movie as an extra! It's all so surreal!! (I have shared a lot of firsts with Shiri that's for sure!)

So yes it was a very magical and memorible night indeed.

The place where we were filming Friday night in the city Sky studios in NYC where we filmed we were in penthouse A in the living room for the party scene. Sky Studios was also used in for some scenes in the movie Hitch with Will Smith

skystudios

Synopsis of The Killing Floor:
When scenes of death show up on his doorstep, David Lamont, a literary agent dubbed "the king of fright" will learn the true meaning of terror. Directed by Gideon Raff and written by Gideon Raff and Ryan Swanson, “The Killing Floor" is a contemporary thriller set in the high-stakes world of Manhattan. After David moves into a coveted 3-story penthouse apartment, he begins receiving violent crime scene photographs that appear to have taken place in the apartment, followed by stalker videotapes of his every movement. Despite the involvement of NYPD Detective Soll, an affair with his ravishing neighbor, Audrey and the assurances of his assistant, Rebecca, David begins to lose his mind.

Genre: Psychological thriller similar to American Psycho

Director: Gideon Raff (Mr. and Mrs. Smith, The Babysitter, “The Way to The Top")

Production Country: USA

Cast:
Marc Blucas ................"David Lamont"
Shiri Appleby .............."Rebecca Fay"
Reiko Aylesworth ......."Audrey"
Jeffrey Carlson .........."Jared Thurber"
John Bedford Lloyd ..."Detective Soll"
Roberta Maxwell ........"Ms. Alimet"
Joel Leffert ................."Goodman"
Derek Cecil ................"Garrett"

Many thanks to: Shanna Bowie
----------------------------------
February 17 & 18, 2006 Also my account is spoiler free because of copyright issues I know nothing about the script or as to how our scene relates to the movie plus and I want you all to see this movie so I just wanted to make that clear so I don't get into trouble. Thanks

Well let me tell you there is nothing like a party in NYC at a wealthy Manhattan penthouse party quite like that on the set for The Killing Floor!! I had a blast Friday night and an amazing and surreal time. I am so lucky and happy I got called back!!

I arrived in NYC around 4:30 to the location assigned. My friend Kristen aka Behrsgilr1230 called me earlier in the day the tell me that her and her friend Melissa were on set being Melissa was to be a waiter at the party. Kristen also told me that Shiri Appleby from the WB's Roswell who played Liz Parker on the show was on set which was really exciting and that she remembered Kristen from when we met her at the Boston Film Festival in September.

I got to the location and met up with Kristen and her friend Melissa. We talked for a while I saw Marc Blucas from the WB's Buffy who played Riley for a second walking out to do a scene. After that then the people who were "Party Goers" were set to a different location to gather and wait for our call.

It was there that I chatted with a few extras and met up with a girl Colleen who was a huge Buffy and Marc fan. It was cool talking to her. After that then Jen aka Dreamer4Ever arrived we talked and got ready for our scene. At about 7 we were sent to the original location I went to earlier in the day where everyone was waiting for our call.

The penthouse we shot our party scene at was downstairs a very nice place. If you saw the movie Hitch they used this place for a few scenes in that movie. Anyway I shot an opening scene at the party where Marc enters and greets his coworkers. He was wearing a white shirt grey pants and a velvet brown jacket. It was cool they gave us drinks well ginger ale and cranberry juice for Champaign and wine and I got to meet and work with the director Chris again.

After that I was sent back up stairs. I met a ton of interesting people and got to chart and enjoy the calm relax atmosphere. I saw Shiri for a second getting ready for her scene and talking on her cell phone in the back before she was called. She was so cute. She had on a blue coat and a grey skirt with cream color stockings and black shoes.

She then was called down to do her scene. In a while we were called down to do a full party scene where Marc is at the party talking to his friends at the bar. However Shiri was not in that scene.

Our scene was awesome we all mingled and "faked talk" where you talk but no sounds come out almost like miming. But it was fun again we had our drinks of ginger ale and cranberry juice. The director also told us when he would want people to walk to in the room so that we got to talk to different people.

After that we were back up stairs again to wait for the next call. However I had a blast back stage watching the whole process and hanging out with everyone. It was then that we saw Marc.

I said hi I told him how I worked with him on Feb 3rd in a 2 second walking scene. He said how he remember what a crazy day that was and we were joking saying how crazy it was trying to get scenes done that day.

Being he was off from his scene we asked him nicely for some photos, which he did gladly, and some autographs. We wanted to wait to catch him at a good time because after all this is work for them and we won't want to take time away from their scene.

After that the PA Tim called a few of us down for our next scene. When we got into the adjoining kitchen to the living room pent house we got to see Shiri talking to one of the cast and eating some string cheese.

It was then that Tim called that the scene was ready to begin and Shiri left. After that all of us girls were chatting about this experience and how good looking Marc looked in his brown suit and white shirt and how everyone looked great all dressed up.

Tim then came back in and said ok I need some people for this scene so he scanned the room and was like ok you, you, and you come with me as he pointed to Me, Jen, and Kristen. he then said ok you three stand there and Shiri come here and stand with them.

Well, needless to say we got to do a whole scene with Shiri. Her character Rebecca is chatting with us at the end of the night when they party is just getting started with drunken party guests and all. Then Marc characters David and Shiri's character Rebecca have a little intense chat after the drunken incident at the party goes on.

It was amazing seeing her again. She remembered all of us from Boston. She was so sweet and very kind. Her hair was long and braided into a braided headband and she had her bangs pushed to the side which the makeup artiest had to fix a few times. The makeup artiest was great and Shiri was having fun talking to her and us the whole time. She still had one the grey skirt and black shoes just not the coat but had on a pale pink sweater and pearls.

I got a chance to talk to her saying how I have done a lot of theater and stage work but not a lot of film. She said it is very different fun but different and there is a lot of waiting involved and that is a lot of hard work. I told her I understand and now have a newfound appreciation for film and all the hard work that goes into it.

We had a blast on set talking and fooling around in-between takes. She was very impressed and pound of Kristen's friend Melissa who was a waitress and had to do a stunt where a drunk guy falls into her. She said she was so cute listening to the director and paying close attention to the scene.

Then at one point they set up for the scene where she talks to Marc. Being Marc is so tall Shiri had to stand on a box at one point along with the rest of us to get the right angel and lighting and what not being I we are standing right next to her. It was cute seeing her and Marc fool around with each other and with us during rehearsal.

It was amazing just how grounded and down to earth she is. It's cute how sometimes Shiri can be so shy one minute and then so outgoing the next. She reminds me of myself sometimes. It was wonderful working with her.

One thing I have to say is that she is very grounded and you can tell that she is an actress who loves and enjoyes the craft and her line of work. It's not about being in the spotlight for her it's just about the passion she has for her work which is wonderful and a rare qulaity indeed.

Even though she was tired she was a trooper and I never heard her complain. If anything she jumped right in and helped with the whole filming process and she helped me and taught me a lot as well. I was amazing with how kind and gracious she is and how sweet she was showing me the ropes.

We were like at one point before they called action " Good luck or as as they say in theater Break a leg." and we shared a look and a laugh. It was wonderful and an honor to work with her. She made my first experience on a movie set very relaxing and enjoyable. I love every minute of it.

Even Marc made it a wonderful experience. he is great and I had a wonderful time working with teh cast and crew. The movie maybe called the Killing Floor but there was no killing going on with this group thats for sure.

It was funny at one point when Shiri saw Marc emerge from the staires she started singing "Stranger in the night" when she saw him and Marc just smiled and laughed saying "Ok can you tell it's late." It was hysterical.

Ok and as far as Shiri and singing goes I have studied singing and have been singing for years so let me tell you she is not as bad as she thinks. I have heard worse.

It was funny to hear her sing the line "Strangers in the Night' It was so random to hear her break out into song but really funny Marc and us all shared a good laugh.

So after that I was like oh I am so making my theme song for my night on the set of The Killing Floor plus we were at a party and I kepted on saying how we needed some good music at this party to get this party started.

Ever our scene had all of the drunks in it and the fights and some of the drunks did hooked up with some other drunk party people. So it was some raging NYC Penthouse Party thats for sure

So I made 'Strangers in The Night' by Frank Sinatra our theme song for The Killing Floor Penthouse Party!!

At one point Shiri was talking to the director about the scene and was like "don't worry about me I will be having fun talking to my girlfriends." and we all shared a laughed.

And I finally got to ask the age old question I have been dying to ask her for the longest time and I clear up a little rumor too.

Well while working with Shiri, we were chit chatting with her about working with Marc she mentioned other costars she worked with in the past and Jason's name came up. I decided ok here is my chance to ask her about Roswell and see if she can clear up this little rumor about the episode Graduation. All thanks to me I asked her if there was any "cementing" "making love" scene filmed between Max and Liz in the final episode.

At first Shiri was worried we were talking about the proposal scene and thought we had never seen it. We quickly explained which scene we were talking about after the proposal if Max and Liz ever made love in the final episode and if it was ever filmed.

Shiri was like no they didn't film it, if they did, we would have seen it on television. So thanks to the wonderful Miss Shiri Appleby, the rumor of that scene being filmed is finally put to rest.

I am so happy I finally got a chance to ask my question and solve this mystery. I guess timeing is everything in life.

It was so wonderful doing our scene in The Killing Floor with her. I can't believe she was standing right next to me. She is so sweet and very nice and was explaining all of the technological stuff as far as names and camera angels and placement goes. It was great I felt like I was getting a one on one film school lesson from her. Being I love theater I was having a field day.

Shiri is so sweet and so down to earth I felt like I was seeing an old friend again which in a way I was. It was a joy and honor to work with her. She is so sweet and a very nice caring soul but then again so is Marc and I had a wonderful time working with both of them.

You can tell just how much they love the craft and the passion they have for it and how much fun they have. I can't tell you how many times I saw them smiling and laughing on set. It was wonderful to see a cast and crew that relaxed and dedicated to their work.

After the scene which lasted a good half and hour or more between stunts and rehearsal and takes we were done with the drunken party scene. Shiri said it was great to see us and hang out with us and high five us all for a great job. We thanked her as well.

After that we went up stairs again to sit and wait for our next scene while Shiri stayed down stairs to film some more. I loved hanging out up stairs and talking to everyone.

After that we were called down for another after party scene. Where Jen and this guy Art (Who was friends with the crew and owned his own film company) talked and me and Kristen walked by this drunk guy Jason with two girls on his arm lying on the couch.

During rehearsal we saw Shiri had changed into a grey wrap and boots and looked like she was ready to go for the night. She talked to the director Chris and he said she could go and that they would see her on Sunday.

She then out of no where walked over to Jen,Kristen, and me and gave us a hug and kiss good-bye saying how it was great to see us and how much fun she had with us. Jen and I told her we had a wonderful time as well. I was shocked she hugged and kissed us all good-bye it was so out of the blue and very sweet and endearing for her to say. She then left and we finished our scene with Marc.

After that the crew did a few other scenes and we hung out in the kitchen. We even got to chat with Marc a little bit which was awesome he is so cool and a very sweet person.

It was so endearing one of the girl who was an extra Bria (she played one of the drunk girls Jason lies on the couch with along with the girl Colleen) was from Ohio and her whole family was there talking to Marc back stage in the kitchen being they were fans of his and were down for the weekend because of the filming.

Well the girl Bria who was an extra had a younger sister who was 10 and she asked marc for his autograph and he was like sure and then he said "Come on I want to show you something" and he took her on set and was showing her everything.

It was the sweetest most endearing thing. I really got to see his true colors and let me say Marc is a wonderful man with a good soul. He will make a good father someday. The whole time Jen and I were watching and were like AW. Then Marc commented saying "I am getting a lot of AW's tonight." and we all laughed it was really sweet and a nice back stage moment.

After that they all said we could go it was about 2:30 Am at this point but I didn't care I had a wonderful time and wasn't tired it was all worth it!! We all got our stuff and said our good-byes. It was a wonderful time. I never felt separate from the cast and crew I felt like I was one of the cast and crew with how warm and welcoming everyone was. It was a great atmosphere to work in very alive and energetic.

It was great to know that everyone was working so hard and believed so much in the making of this production. It made me proud to be apart of such a wonderful fun loving group of creative down to earth people.

It was wonderful and it was a joy to work with everyone and I fell in love all over again as to why I enjoy and have a passion and love for theater so much!!! Over all it was a wonderful and great experience I will never forget and hold dear to my heart always.

The NYC Manhattan Penthouse party on the set of The Killing Floor was amazing and it just made me realize just how lucky life can be and how amazing the things you can do and that dreams can come true. It was a very magical night indeed.

They were very strict as to when we could take photos due to copyright issues plus I was very respectful being I knew this was work for the actors and crew so I am lucky for the ones I have. enjoy looking at the photos.

Some of my photos from my magical night on the set of The Killing Floor

(No photos of Shiri sorry guys I tried but as I said before they were very strict as to when we could take photos so I am lucky for the ones I have! )

However here is a photo of me and Shiri the first time I met her at the 2005 Boston Film Festival back in September to see her movie When Do We Eat.

My Photos from behind the scenes of The Killing Floor

Me on set at Sky Studios in NYC for The movie The Killing Floor

The stars of The Killing Floor Me, Kristen, and Jen aka Shiri's Girlfriends

Me, Jason ( from LA who played drunk guy # 2 at the party he was awesome),and Jen

Me with our leading man of The Killing Floor Marc Blucas

The Killing Floor call sheet and Marcs message to me: "Erin-Thanks so much for being in our movie multiple times! Have a great 06- Love Marc Blucas

-------------------------------------

Ok since you mention us NYC Applesaucers here are some more of us who were Extras on The Killing Floor So you can look for us in the film.

The stars of The Killing Floor Me (Roswell 10/2/00), Kristen(Behrsgirl1230), and Jen(Dreamer4ever) aka Shiri's Girlfriends

Eric and Loretta were Extras together on Feb 7,2006.They were in a Restaurant scene with Marc and Shiri in the movie and Eric was a waiter and Loretta was a customer.

Eric (EARLBNY) and me

Loretta (Thanette) and me

I hope you enjoyed looking at the photos and my account on set. It was all so surreal!! I can't wait for this movie to come out it looks like it is going to be amazing!!!

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
I met Shiri for the third time in April at the 2006 Tribeca Film Festival in NYC which was wonderful. However I will let someone else who was in our group talk about their encounter with her being I already gave you two encounters of mine.

Love,
Erin
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 10-12-2006 at 01:32 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

I have been kind of busy with work the past week but I have not forgotten about posting my encounter. BTW Erin’s report made me feel as if I was there. At least for the stuff that I did not attend. I love the photos especially the one of that guy in the black shirt who's name is EARLBNY or something like that.

I still can’t believe I met Shiri Appleby. I also still find myself reliving the experience in my head and reading my encounter over and over again. I am also still constantly doing the Shiri Appleby scream (Ahhhhhhhhhh) like the one she did on the late late show interview.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 10-12-2006 at 04:10 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Here is my story of when I got to be an Extra on the Set of the Killing Floor. So without further ado here goes nothing.

I met Shiri! Well not exactly. So after getting up at the crack of dawn and taking a train into the city and getting lost on the subway I made it to the studio which was an amazing loft on the tenth floor of a building. Once inside I went into wardrobe area where I saw Shiri’s wardrobe area but no sign of Shiri. I guess it was never meant to be.
Or so I thought? I then changed for my role as a waiter and waited to be driven to the location of the shoot.

Once at the shoot I waited some more and looked around for Shiri but there was no sign of her in sight. However I did hear the people working on the film mention Shiri’s name a few times. I then looked around but once again no sign of Shiri. After about a half an hour of shooting a minute and a half scene the director said it was a wrap. I was then told that the waiters were done as my hart began to sink. Once again I guess it was never meant to be. I was standing around waiting for some directions when I was told by the ACD that I was going to stay for another scene. So there was still hope.

I was then also told by the ACD’S that Shiri was very small and very nice. They warned me ahead of time. For those of you that have met Shiri that does not work. Once you are in her presence all of that goes out the window.

After the scene was done and they were ready to move on all of the extras got into a van and headed back to the studio. Since I had been there before I led the way. We all entered the elevator and headed up stairs. And that is when it happened. I walked through the flower garden and opened the big glass door to the wardrobe department and there was Shiri standing just two feet in front of me. OMG I was just speechless. She is a gazillion times prettier in person. Don’t get me wrong she was always naturally drop dead gorgeous but in person she was just speechless. She was also a lot smaller then I expected. Personally I like smaller women especially considering I am a shorty so it did not matter to me.

Anyway they sent all of the extras down stairs except for me because I had to change. Granted it was only my shirt I savored every minute of it. It took me five + minutes to change but once Shiri went to get her hair and makeup done I went down stairs to sit for what turned out to be the rest of the day. As I sat around with the rest of the extras I watched each and every person walk up and down the stair in hopes of seeing Shiri but had no luck till we broke for lunch.

After sitting around most of the day we got to brake for lunch. So everyone including Shiri waited for the elevator. Without making it look to obvious I tried getting another glimpse at Shiri. We made full eye contact and Shiri even smiled at me. Then the elevator arrived and she took off with the rest of the important people. After lunch we ran out of time for our other scenes so they let us go home however they said they will let us know when they are filling again so maybe we can come back.

The ACD’S said that they were sorry that it was a boring day but personally told me that they new that my day was the best day ever. Even after not getting the chance to officially talk face to face with Shiri I am now sitting at home in my comfy shmates looking back on the greatest day of my life and one that I will never forget. Shiri was everything I dreamed shed be and more. BTW all of the extras were cool as well and on top of that I was not as nervous as I thought I would be plus I did not pass out either. The reason I did not talk get a chance to talk to Shiri was because I only saw her for a total of five minutes and she was busy making a movie and I did not want to bother her so instead I let her be.

I hope you all enjoyed my long story. It was lots of fun and reading it again brings back lots of good memories that I will never forget.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 10-12-2006 at 03:43 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Here is my story of when I got to go to the TFF and see the world premier of I’m Reed Fish and meet Shiri Appleby.

I just got back from seeing the world premier of I’m Reed Fish at the 2006 Tribeca Film festival. First of all the movie was great. I highly recommend it. I will not give any thing away but if and when it officially comes out I definitely recommend all of you seeing it. It was very funny and very touching. You can watch the trailer at the following link. Reed Fish, etc.

Now on to the good stuff I MET SHIRI APPLEBY. Me and bunch of really nice and really cool Applesaucers went to the premier of I’m Reed Fish at the 2006 TFF. After I spent most of the day walking in circles I managed to find the theater thanks to Loretta’s help. I gave up on eating in hopes of catching a glimpse of Shiri. I waited by the red carpet for the cast to show up. As I stood there my heart began to beat at rapid speed and then in the corner of my eye I noticed Shiri standing there in all her amazing natural glory. I then pulled out my camera took a deep breath and began talking photos. Let me just say that Photos do not do her Justice. Shiri is just so naturally beautiful and very tiny. She was wearing this amazing black or brown dress that showed off her killer legs and topped it off with a pair of high heals. Her hair was half up and her skin was so milky soft.

Once we made it into the theater I noticed that Shiri was sitting right across from me and one row above. It is not everyday that you get to be in a movie theater with the actual cast from the movie you are about to see. During the movie I kept looking over at the cast to see there reaction to different scenes in the movie. During one scene in the movie DJ Qualls who was sitting directly across from me started to scream oh no. Everyone then started to scream as well before we all figured it out. I totally did not see that scene coming. Once you actually get a chance to see the movie you will understand what I am talking about.

After the movie was over they did a Q&A with cast and Director and writer of the film. Then I made my way down to the front of the theater to have my moment in the sun. After I got over the initial shock I felt like I was floating on air. After we exchanged hellos I told Shiri that thanks to her I will never look at tissues the same ever again. Once you see the movie When Do We Eat? You will understand that joke. It totally made her laugh hysterically. I then got not one but two autographs and a photo with my arm around her and a KISS on the check. I almost passed out at that point. I am still surprised I managed to actually speak a full complete sentence without stuttering or making a complete fool of myself and manage to make her laugh. As for the rest of the cast Jay Baruchel, Alexis Bledel, Schuyler Fisk, Victor, Rasuk and A.J. Cook were also there. I also saw Nikki Reed who is not in the movie there as well. She got the $20 Nachos. That is what she called them. As for my celebrity encounters talk about one stop shopping. I will post my photos ASAP. I took a bunch of photos however I managed too get two amazing head shots. One of them completely captures her laugh.

I forgot to mention that when we first went over to talk to Shiri we handed her some flowers and a card. After she finished smiling from ear to ear she thanked us from the bottom of her heart. She truly appreciates each and every one of her fans and it shows.

This was hands down the greatest day/night of my entire life. Thanks to the Applesaucers and especially Shiri for making this day/night one that I will never forget. Shiri was everything I dreamed shed be and more. Just incase I forgot to mention this Shiri is the most down to earth and sweetest and kind and naturally beautiful women I have ever met. She was the complete opposite of what I expected a celebrity to be like. I guess that just goes to show you that like Shiri says she does not consider herself to be a celebrity and it shows. She seemed just as excited to meet us as we were to meet her. She is also very petite. Especially considering she was wearing high heels which made her the same height as me And I am a shorty coming in at 5’5.

So that concludes my 2006 TFF I hope you all enjoyed reading it.

P.S. Photo's are on the way.

Last edited by EARLBNY; 10-12-2006 at 04:28 PM
Old 10-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the stories guys !!
=)
..::Lourdes::.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARLBNY (View Post)
IBTW Erin’s report made me feel as if I was there. At least for the stuff that I did not attend. I love the photos especially the one of that guy in the black shirt who's name is EARLBNY or something like that.
Aw thanks EARLBNY I was trying to make the most out of my encounter so people can try to see what I experienced when I met her. I write a lot with details but then again I do love writing I find that it makes for a great story and everyone enjoyes reading it. I also love posting photos as well so people get an idea and try to see what I expereinced.

Glad you liked my encounters! Can't wait to see your Tribeca Photos again.

Oh and speaking of 2006 Tribeca Film Festival in NYC here is a group photo of us with the lovely Miss Shiri Appleby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer4ever
Do not post with out Dreamer4ever permission!
Glad you liked my encounters wiht the lovely Miss Appleby!

Love,
Erin
Old 10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah, nice memories! Shiri was a total sweetheart both times I had the pleasure of meeting her. She's really a class act.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

I just thought I would give this thread a BUMP.

Old 02-04-2007, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

With this month being the one year anniversary that some of us Applesaucers got to be extras on The Killing Floor which stars Shiri Appleby and Marc Blucas I figured I would give this thread bump. This way you can all read our encounters and us extras can relive our once in a lifetime experiences all over again. It still feels like it was just yesterday.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top