Play full interview

source:Jocasta

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 04-16-2004: Message edited ellavm ]

Last edited by ellavm; 05-10-2004 at 02:54 PM
Old 04-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

oh i love luve him

man it´s been such a long time since we´ve gotten new footage of him and oh i´m just giddy right now.
Old 04-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

ok the first link is the news link with footage of the location and some filming with a josh interview also showing his co-star.

The second link is just josh being interviewed about the film.

oh must say thanks to jocasta who found it over at fanhost messagesboard.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

come on people it´s new video footage.....
Old 04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm checking the links right now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2004, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

quotes from spokane from www.imdb.com messages boards

Quote:
I saw Josh Hartnett yesterday at River Park Square filming, it was awesome...I could almost touch him. He is absolutely gorgeous in person for all you ladies out there. Anyway, I've heard of alot more sightings of him and he seems like a laid back nice guy. He is also very passionate about his work, well from what I could tell watching him act, then go over it afterwards on the little screen. Anyway, just thought Id let ya know. I hope I get to see him again, I think I'm in love!! hehe. Not really, but oh well.
Quote:
I saw them filming infront of the Old Arizona Steakhouse (across from the opera House) downtown. Yesterday April 5th at around 5pm. I was stopped at the stoplight at Washington and Spokane Falls BLVD in the far left lane The film crew was using the diamond parking lot and a little bit of the street. Josh was 15 feet away being filmed using the payphone right there. He had a yellow parrott on his shoulder. Then the director yelled "CUT!" and the pet wrnagler came and got the parrot and the director came up to Josh. There was another actor beside him, except he was shorter and had curly hair. Josh was wearing a navy blue down vest and he's not as tall as I thought he was. I would say 5'10" maybe 5'11". The actors lines were on a posterboard sitting atop the pay phone and the camera guy was right in Josh's face. Then the light turned green.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
As far as I know the bulk movie will be filmed completely in Spokane as the crew is going to be here between 50-60 days. Things should be wrapped up by the end of Mid - April as far as Spokane is considered. Movies often use multiple locations so it's anyones guess if they might go film some small scenes elsewhere.

As far as specific locations go, I know they've also done filming at River Front Park along the Spokane river. I also heard of Josh Hartnett sightings at a club downtown, but I don't know if that was for filming or if he was just out for fun.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Master Fan

few basic details

Mozart & the Whale (2004)

Directed by

Petter Næss

Writing credits
Ronald Bass

Genre: Comedy / Drama / Romance

Plot Outline A dramatic, romantic comedy inspired by the lives of two people with Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, whose emotional dysfunctions threaten to sabotage their budding romance. Screenplay by Academy-Award winner, Ron Bass; Directed by award-winning director Petter Naess.

Credited cast:
Josh Hartnett .... Donald
Radha Mitchell .... Isabelle
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Christa Campbell .... Teacher
Gary Cole .... Wallace
Allen Evangelista .... Skeets
Sheila Kelley .... Janice
Erica Leerhsen .... Bronwin
John Carroll Lynch .... Gregory
Nate Mooney .... Roger
Rusty Schwimmer .... Gracie
Robert Wisdom .... Blume
Old 04-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Mozart and the Whale

Filming is completed and the post production is going on right now so autum 2004 is looking more and more likley [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

About the Film

"Imagination is more importan than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

A dramatic, romantic comedy, "Mozard and the Whale" is inspired by the lives of two people with Asperger´s Syndrome, a form of autism, whose emotional dysfuntions threaten to sabotage their budding romance. Donald (Josh Hartnett) is a good-natured but happless taxi driver with a love of birds and superhuman knack for numbers. Like many AS sufferers, he likes patterns and routine. But when the beautiful but complicated Isabelle (Rahda Mitchell) joins the autism support group he leads, his life and his heart are turned upside down.

The screenplay is by Academy Award winner Ron Bass. The film is directed by Petter Næss. Executive producers are Andreas Thiesmeyer, Josef Lautenshlager, Avi Lerner, Danny Dimbort and Trevor Short. Producers are Robert Lawrence, Frank DeMartini and James Acheson. The creative team includes director of photography Svein Kroevel, editor Miklos Wright, production designer Gary Steele and costume designer Ha Nguyen.

The film, an equity Pictures Mediafonds/Robert Lawrence Production in association with Millenium Films and Swingin Productions Inc. stars Josh Hartnett, Rahda Mitchell, Gary Cole, Allan Evangelista, Sheila Kelly, Erica Leerhsen, John Carrol Lynch, Nate Mooney and Robert Wisdom.

About the Prodcutions

"The most beautiful thing we can experince is the mysterious" - Albert Einstein

Principal photography began on "Mozart and the whale" in Spokane, Washington on March 2, 2004. Spokane, the heart of the Inland Northwest-a region that encompasses Eastern Washington, Northern Idaho, and Western Montana- is Washinton´s third largest city. Built along a scenic river valley on the western edge of the Rocky Mountains, with rolling prairies to the south and the west, it servers as the backdrop for this unique love story between two people who discover they have as many special gifts as special needs.

The film is directed by Oslo, Norway native Petter Næss, whose previous credits include the Academy Award-nominated "Elling," a Norwegian fable which celebrates the friendship between two eccentric middle aged-men. Last year, Næss signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to direct three films for the studio. "Mozart and the Whale" is Næss American feature film debut.

Ron Bass is an Academy Award-winning screenwriter for his script for "Rain man," which dealt with the relationship between a man and his autistic brother. His other scripts have included "My Best Friends Wedding," "Sleeping with the Enemey," "Waiting to Exhale," "How Stella got her Groove back," "Stepmom," "Entrapment," and "Snow falls on Cedars".

http://www.mozartandthewhale.com/
Old 04-21-2004, 04:55 AM
Supreme Fan

wow, tons of info! thanks ella [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] and a yellow parrot? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] what is he doing with a yellow parrot on his shoudler? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] how fun
Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

i know it´s begining to look really interesting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

The Trailer

omg it looks amazing, cannot wait to see this movie.

He looks so so damn fine

few caps thanks to holly over at www.fanhost.com

Old 05-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

The poster for MATW, just scroll down the page and you´ll find it
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=4278

not sure whats up with the title being crazy in love and not MATW but it looks great
Old 05-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

Why does the guy say that the film was first called 40 days and 40 nights? Is he joking or he just doesn't know what he's talking about?

anyway THAAAAAAAAANKS!!!
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"