Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Can Josh act, or he's just a pretty face?

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Hey, I was wondering what is what all of you think.

I think everyone out there (And with that I mean, Hollywood and the critics) thinks Josh is just a pretty face, but my fan heart says he's more than that. I think there has still to be a performance of him that will sourprise us a lot, but there are lots of performances that are awesome.

I think he was brilliant in "O", cause Hugo was evil, and everyone hated him, I hated him, and to hate someone with such an angelic face only means that Josh is a good actor.

I'm really excited about Wicker Park, from all his new projects it's the one that seems to be better for him to show that he's more than just a pretty face.

What do you all think?
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 04-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

interesting [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well to begin with i thought to be honest he was just a pretty face [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] then i saw the virgin suicides and as trip fountain he was amazing. I still do date think his best performance was in Black Hawk Down he blew me away in that movie. I´m very excited to see mozard and the whale cause i believe the rest of the world will finally see him for the actor that he is rather than the pretty face that he indeed is [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2004, 04:51 AM
Supreme Fan

as a fan.. what can I say? of course I think he is a brilliant actor, in O and BHD he absolutely.. how to say.. "lo bordó" in Spanish, brilliant brilliant. As you Cris said, to hate someone that you actually love ,he has to be a very good actor. I mean... I watched O because of Josh and Julia, I loved them and I thought I woudl love the characters too, that's what tends to happen with characters played by your loved people, you think the characters are going to be lovely too, but I absolutely hated Hugo to death :ma:
And in BHD.. wow, I was speechless after that movie.

Of all his upcoming projects, I don't know why but I'm totally absorved by The Rum Diary, and it has not even started with the pre-production, but I can't stop thinking about that movie. I have a good feeling about it.

I don't know if he will ever be a nominee for the oscars, but I DO think that he will play a role worth it... people who I admire a lot and I had never ever imagined they would be nominated, such as Ethan Hawke or Toni Collette, were.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Okay, so when I first saw Josh... I just thought he was a pretty face. Then again, I hadn't actually seen any of his movies because The Faculty was rated R, and I was like, thirteen [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] So all I saw of him was in the magazines... and boy was he a hottie! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But, when I saw Pearl Harbor, I was blown away, came home, started posting here immediatley and completely fell in love! I started seeing all of his movies, and really came to respect him as an actor (hello? BHD? O? That's not just a pretty face people!) so now I'm going to have to say that he's a pretty face that can act [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 04-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Supreme Fan

yes, he is a pretty face that can act [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

at first I also saw him as a pretty facem because I saw a pic of him and I fell for him just because he was hot
Old 04-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Alex -:
<STRONG>
at first I also saw him as a pretty facem because I saw a pic of him and I fell for him just because he was hot</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Me too! But then I saw Pearl Harbor and I became obsessed, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I still lurve that movie!

But it wasn't until "O" that I realized what a good actor Josh truly is. I mean, sure, with his other movies I thought that he did a good job, but "O" blew me away. I was seriously scared of him, and he just posessed the character so well, it was absolutely amazing. Distrubing, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] but amazing none the less.
I never understood the expression 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free'... why the hell would you buy a cow when you've never tasted the milk? I mean, HONESTLY, what if the milk was sour? How do you even know it's a milk cow?!
Old 04-26-2004, 01:22 AM
Supreme Fan

I realized of his talent when I saw The Faculty, somethign told me "This guy... will be a Guy, with capital G" ... but it wasn't until BHD that I got completely shocked and I couldn't think of somethign else, the movie itself was brilliant, prolly th ebest movie I saw that year, and Josh and the rest of actors were just Perfect,there isn't a better word.. Perfect...

I saw BHD first, and I saw O 2 years later, and it shocked me a lot, yeah, as Kelly said, I was so scared [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

I've seen all of Josh's movies. He's a great actor. Yea he does have a pretty face, the killer bod and all that. But he does have the acting talent. I think he should play an ugly character just to prove that he is more than the pretty face.

darylღbeth
Old 04-30-2004, 05:52 AM
New Fan

i just've seen Pearl Harbor and Hollywood Homicide. i like the way he acts, but he isnt my fav actor. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

I think Josh definatly has talent but sometimes he doesn't pick the roles that will showcase that (Pearl Harbor)

I would love to see him find a hit role that is both a good movie and shows excellent scenes from him. And with his loads of movies coming out, I'm sure we'll get that soon.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Fan

Josh has a really pretty face and a killer body , but it's not the only thing we (the fans) are looking for in an actor. We're looking for a talent, for an ability to act and Josh has got loads of it.

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Extreme Fan

He is a very.... VERY... pretty face.
And I think he can act pretty well. Nothing OScar worthy yet, but he could definitely get there if he accepts the right roles.
Bunny #69
http://sctransresources.org
Old 03-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

^ the best roles are still waiting for him

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katka
^ the best roles are still waiting for him
Amen. I can't wait to see where he goes from here though.
Bunny #69
http://sctransresources.org
Old 03-27-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

I think that Josh Is a wonderful actor, but definetly has room for improvement. he is still young, and has more to learn about the business. I think that he picks pretty decent roles.. a few not with standing. when he does choose a role, he puts forth all his effort to make it his own and get it right.

I will agree with everyone on the " O" thing, When I watched he freaked me out, I was amazed that he could do that. I had gone from seeing him the great love interest to the evil person. it was just creepy.

But I think that he has the potential to be more than just a pretty face, as long as he keeps picking the right roles that show how diverse he can be.