Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Discussion topics - Please Read

Hey guys!

In the last few weeks, Nicky and I have been noticing the small amount of posts made on discussion threads while the number of posts made on game or OT threads was a lot higher. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but we both feel that the board is a lot more fun if you are actually discussing things and if you can share your opinions on certain topics with the other posters. Some of you may remember the list of discussion threads we created during the last post count evaluations. What we plan to do is to (1) add new suggestions made by you to the list so we know what you want to talk about and (2) open a new discussion thread every week as a so-called "Topic of the Week" until we run out of topics.

This is the list we created last year:
- UC couples thread
- What would you have wanted to see? - Storylines that never were explored
- How the characters progressed through the season - What did you like, what not?
- Why was the show cancelled? - an analytic discussion
- 'Class Reunion' - 10 years from now

We know this isn't much, that's why we need you and your ideas on this. Please post them here! To get an idea of what topics we are looking for, simply check the board guide where all discussion threads are listed. We'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this, after all it is your board and you are the ones that will either post on the discussion threads or won't, depending on if you like them or not.

Let's get started!
Old 05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Do you think we can sustain a few shipper threads? I personally wouldn't mind a separate Will/Scout thread and a Scout/Bella thread.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 05-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

We won't find out unless we try, will we?
Old 06-15-2005, 06:39 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
- UC couples thread
- What would you have wanted to see? - Storylines that never were explored
- How the characters progressed through the season - What did you like, what not?
- Why was the show cancelled? - an analytic discussion
- 'Class Reunion' - 10 years from now
Have they been discussed before?
Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

Maybe the first two, but I don't think the last three were started...

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

The ones that I listed in the first post were the ones from the original list that hadn't been started before. You can see the original list here, the ones in bold have been started and can be found somewhere on the board.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronakat
Is there a "YA Quotes" thread?
We have a quotes game, but I don't think we have a general quotes thread. Feel free to open it!
Old 09-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Master Fan

okay. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
We have a quotes game, but I don't think we have a general quotes thread. Feel free to open it!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:08 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hadn't seen this thread until Nicky made me aware of it.

Just a suggestion...How about reviving old threads?
Could we have threads for movies/TV shows our "YA" stars have been in, as long as we talk about the actor? eg "Lost", "The L Word"...

I was going to start a "little things" thread wasn't I?

And wasn't there a thread where someone would post a screencap(s) and people had to come up with something referring to the screencap(s)? That was funny.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkon

Just a suggestion...How about reviving old threads?
Could we have threads for movies/TV shows our "YA" stars have been in, as long as we talk about the actor? eg "Lost", "The L Word"...
Well, reviving old threads is always good. As for the threads about the shows of YA actors, I don't think that would be allowed. That's what the actor threads are for, IMO.

Go and start your 'little things' thread!

We don't have a 'funny screencap captions' thread, if that's what you meant.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, last night I started "reviving" older threads on other pages on the board. There's still quite a few threads I can revive, but I was too tired. As you may have seen in my last posts...they ended up being just a long ramble. Hope someone out there could understand.

Yeah, I was thinking of the funny screencap captions thread. Personally, I sucked at the game, but enjoyed the wit and humour of others.

I will go and start a little things thread and revive those older threads...

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 02-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
Nicky and I have been noticing the small amount of posts made on discussion threads while the number of posts made on game or OT threads was a lot higher. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but we both feel that the board is a lot more fun if you are actually discussing things and if you can share your opinions on certain topics with the other posters.
Anja,

Five years later, that seems still to be the case. My impression is that the imperative to meet posting volume requirements so as to avoid closure of this board by FanForum management diverts attention from substantive threads to "game threads."

PhpBB forum software (two generations more advanced than that still used by FanForum) is available free of charge; PhpBB forum administration is relatively simple (save for backup and spambot screening); and maintaining an Internet domain registration costs less than US $200 a year. (I speak from experience: a friend of mine and I have registered a domain and set up a PhpBB forum; it's still online.) If what you want is a discussion forum unburdened by the threat of closure, and hence uncluttered by disproportionate attention to "game threads," why not start your own site?

If you're intrigued by this prospect, spend some time on the PhpBB website to which I give a link in the previous paragraph.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

It simply is the "curse" of having a show that's been cancelled for (almost) ten years

as for starting our "own" forum - I don't have the time or motivation to do that, actually besides, Fan Forum always has been the home of YA fandom and always will be. the day this board really closes down with possibly mark the end of the fandom *sniffles*
Old 03-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with Anja, starting a new forum requires time and motivation, besides, this one has been around for 10 years and had an important role in the YA fandom I think so ... isnt it better to attemp to keep this open for as long as we can?
and again like Anja said, its something thats bound to happen to a show thats been off the air for so long, so many shows get their boards closed weeks after cancellation or even when theyre still on the air so the fact that this is still here is remarkable in its own way.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]